Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
thedevilsjester
thedevilsjester began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Paragraph breaks

Is there a way for the RegEx structure detection to remove any line break that isnt preceded by a chapter title or period?

The biggest formating issue I have at the moment is paragraphs that end one page and begin another (in the paper book) are being split into two separate paragraphs in the digital copy and sentences are getting forced new lines at the point where they normally reach the 'edge' of the page.

Last edited by thedevilsjester; 09-07-2010 at 10:59 AM.
thedevilsjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
What's the source format of the file you're trying to convert?

Try enabling the preprocess option under Structure detection.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I have one I use that detects an end of paragraph character that precedes a lower case letter and then replaces the end of paragraph with a space. That catches most of mine. Many of the instances I find end with a quote mark, so just detecting a period won’t do it for me.

Regex search: \p([a-z])

Replace with : " \1\2" (without the quotes, there's a space at the beginning)
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote