Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #136
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
The Catholic Cookbook: A Collection of Recipes From Our Family to Yours [Kindle Edition] Wyatt North (Author), Bieber Publishing (Editor)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Catholic-C...igital-text_54

** Active Table of Contents **
** Family Recipes **

This book comes complete with a Touch-or-Click Table of Contents, divided by each section. This edition has a linked Table of Contents and has been wonderfully formatted (searchable and interlinked) to work on your eBook reader.

The idea for this book came to me on a Sunday evening. My wife and I have spent our Sundays the same way for as long as I can remember.

We wake up, get dressed (and do all the stuff that goes along with mornings), and then head to church. We used to stay at church for most of the day. Just listening and praying. For my wife and me, Sunday church is the time to forget about all the worries with money and work and all the other things that cause stress.

Sometimes we get to church at eight and stay until close to four. Since our daughter was born, we stay for just about as long as she can take it. To be honest, she mostly sleeps through it, but it is an important time that our little family shares together.

After church we head home, maybe watch a little television, and start cooking Sunday dinner. These dinners are so important to me. Growing up in a little rural part of the ‘States, Sunday dinner was about the most exciting part of the week. Some of my best memories are of my family sitting around the dinner table enjoying a hot home cooked meal.

So, we got our friends and colleagues together and made this book. We rounded up the best family recipes we had and provided a little background about what makes each one special.

Each recipe is tried and true. None of that “1,000+ recipe in one book” stuff, this is the best of the best.

From our family to yours, we hope you enjoy.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #137
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coming up FREE again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
The Breakfast Taco Book [Kindle Edition] Hilah Johnson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Breakfast-...dp/B005JTNP90/

The Breakfast Taco Book is packed with everything you need to know about breakfast tacos – including how to make them at home. Recipes cover everything from how to make your own tortillas and salsa to a wide variety of "taco-guts." Bacon, Eggs, Home Fries, Chorizo, Nopalitos - we've got you covered!

Check out this feedback we've received from readers:

"Hilah, I made the Chorizo in your Breakfast Taco book and the flavor is spot on. It’s great, You have the flavor without the grease. Thank you very much, I don’t have to cook the grease out of chorizo before I use in a recipe anymore." - Bob

"Thank you so much for a wonderful book! I love cookbooks that are more than just recipes. I’d have gladly paid to get it. I’m really looking forward to using it (especially the chorizo recipe) once I get the kitchen in my new apartment in order." - Randy

"I had a brunch for 30 the other day and made your breakfast tacos and avocado salsa and people (after the confusion that they weren’t eating breakfast burritos) went nuts over them. AND I have so many leftover tortillas, I can have breakfast tacos for the rest of the year. hollah!" - AC

"This is exactly the book I needed. I’ve been away from home for a while…about 2 years in NY from San Antonio…and it’s lonely without some of my favorite tex-mex. I made frito pie the other day and my boyfriend was amazed at the idea of putting chili on top of chips. Thanks for the breakfast taco cook book! I love me some chorizo!" - Katherine

"We finally had breakfast tacos for the first time this morning, and OMG! SO good! Even my 2 year old had no trouble stuffing his face with the eggy, sausagey, salsa-verde-y, potatoey goodness, and my partner went back for seconds!" - Gill
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #138
bookratt
Wizard

Simple Chicken Recipes [Kindle Edition] Jenny Worthington (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Chicken...igital-text_42
Old 08-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #139
bookratt
Wizard

Delicious, Quick and Easy Dinner Meals in 30 Minutes or Less [Kindle Edition] Stephanie Lennard (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Delicious-Quic...igital-text_86

An amazing collection of quick and easy dinner recipes that you and your family will definitely love.

This book is presented in an easy to read format with detailed instructions for each recipe. You will sure find yourself able to prepare these meals in no time.

This book is definitely essential for everyday cooking and ideal for busy professionals and working moms who want to have quick and easy meals prepared in 30 minutes or less after a busy day and at the same time able to enjoy the delicious food
Old 08-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #140
bookratt
Wizard

The Mom 100 Cookbook Sampler [Kindle Edition] Katie Workman (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mom-Cookbo...s_154606011_74

Enjoy a free sampler from the be-all, end-all cookbook for moms—ten delicious, nutritious, problem solving, and kid friendly recipes from THE MOM 100 COOKBOOK.

Natural crowd pleasers like chicken skewers and tacos are joined by a miracle solution for salad-rejecters. There’s a one-pot brownie recipe, plus lifesaving tips and advice for the ages: “To be a good mom, you do not have to cook every meal, or make everything from scratch, or know the provenance of every morsel of food your children eat. Give yourself a break. This cooking thing should be a little bit fun.” Amen.

Katie Workman, founding editor in chief of Cookstr.com and mother of two school-age kids, offers recipes, tips, techniques, attitude, and wisdom for staying happy in the kitchen while proudly keeping it homemade—because homemade not only tastes best, but is also better for you (and most economical).

Praise for THE MOM 100 COOKBOOK:

“One of the best cookbook authors of her generation, Katie Workman is the perfect person to help moms everywhere get delicious meals to the table. I’m waiting for my invitation to her ‘taco night.’”—Bobby Flay, chef, Mesa Grill; author of Bobby Flay’s Bar Americain Cookbook.

“These are 100 recipes everyone needs! They’re the classics your family wants with the volume turned up—plus lots of great tips for busy parents. I love the recipes!” —Ina Garten, author of the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks

“Katie Workman writes with the confidence of a mom who’s been in the kitchen trenches with two hungry boys and has emerged without a scratch. Katie should be given a trophy for not dumbing down the food she serves her kids, and you’ll want to hug her for all of her smart tips, opinions, and amusing commentary—‘enough with the frozen chicken nuggets’ indeed!” —Amanda Hesser, cofounder of FOOD52.com

“At first, Katie Workman’s terrific book made me wish I’d had it when my own kids were little. Then I thought: ‘No, wait. I wish Katie were MY mom.’” —Sandra Boynton, author, artist, and mother of four
Advert
Old 08-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #141
bookratt
Wizard

How To Decorate Cupcakes [Kindle Edition] Christine Matthews (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/How-To-Decorat...s_154606011_93

If you are throwing any sort of celebration today, there is nothing as sure to garner you the the giddy approval, or to inspire the sheer childlike joy from your guests than a plate full of designer cupcakes. Cupcakes bring to mind the happy days of childhood parties. People love to marvel at them as much, or more, than they love to eat them! Just picture a multi-level cake stand, brimming on each level with cupcakes in every color of the rainbow - some with shaved, white chocolate curly-cue tops, some chock full of M & M's, some with chocolate chip studded minty fondant, and happily, some with just sprinkles and a classic, buttercream swirl cap. Yummm...

Now with this easy-to-follow guide in hand anyone can learn how to both make and decorate cupcakes just like a professional!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #142
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
The Big Book of Barbecue Recipes

828 pages

Quote:
Barbecue is both the method of cooking food over hot coals or wood and the meal at which such foods are served. A barbecue is a social gathering meant for comradeship and sharing. This book contains an introduction to barbecue and the various cooking methods that can be employed. In all over 950 recipes are detailed and though the majority are for foods that can be cooked on a grill, there are also recipes that will allow you to treat a barbecue as an event. Everything from summer soups, salads, starters, meat-based dishes, vegetarian dishes, fish dishes, sauces, salsas and marinade. Also covered are barbecue and summer drinks and desserts. This is the complete book of barbecue.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #143
bookratt
Wizard

Green Smoothie Recipes: 99 Fountain of Youth Superfood Secrets [Kindle Edition] Kristin Schiffer (Author), Little Pearl (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Smoothie...igital-text_66

Do you want to gain access to unlimited energy, a better body, and feel 10 years younger? Look better, feel better, and live longer -- that is the secret of superfoods. Green smoothies and superfoods are the key to unlocking your fountain of youth! Discover exactly why these foods are so powerful with the secrets and recipes discussed in this incredible new book.

Backed by scientific research, centuries of knowledge, and present day testimonials, Kristin Schiffer reveals 99 superfoods that will literally transform your life and your health faster than you believed possible. With dozens of green smoothie recipes and ideas offered in this handy guide, you will be amazed at how easy it really is to supercharge your diet and your life. Buy this book now if you are you ready to change your body and life forever!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #144
bookratt
Wizard

Weight Watcher Whiz Fabulous Sandwiches Points Plus Recipes Cookbook (Weight Watcher Whiz Series) [Kindle Edition] C.T. Gibbons (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Watcher-Fabulo...igital-text_91

Need a fast and simple meal? Have a sandwich. Great solution for when you don’t want to waste too much time in the kitchen preparing something. I know it can be challenging at times to combine both health and a sandwich in the same sentence, but no worries, I’ve got you covered.

The recipes listed in this book were created specifically for those looking to reach their weight loss goals. So munch away and enjoy the wonderful sandwich combo’s listed here. Get your copy today.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #145
bookratt
Wizard

Slow Cooker Superfood Recipes (Healthy Eats) [Kindle Edition] Susan Daniels (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Cooker-Superfo...digital-text_1

It happened to me and I'm sure it's happened to you too. I became bored cooking the same things the same way every night. And I was concerned that the way I prepared my meals wasn't providing me or my family with enough nutrients to help ensure our good health.

All that changed when my friend recommended that I start using a slow cooker.

I love my slow cooker. It's a unique way to prepare meals. Slow cooking is not as fast as pressure cooking. The food simmers for hours, slowly enhancing every last bit of flavor possible. The results are terrific -- a delicious, even distribution of flavors throughout your dish. And it requires such little effort.

In fact, I came to love slow cooking so much, I was inspired to write Slow Cooker Superfood Recipes (Healthy Eats).

Slow cooking is convenient and easy.* Everything goes into the pot at the same time. All you need to do is prepare your ingredients beforehand, pop them in, set the dial, and free up time to do whatever you want until your slow-cooked meal is ready to serve. How simple is that?

Here's the other great thing about slow cooking and my book, Slow Cooker Superfood Recipes: It's an incredible way to deliciously introduce superfoods into your diet

My collection of 53 Slow Cooker Superfood recipes covers the full spectrum of superfood dishes, including:
Meat
Poultry
Vegetarian
Seafood
Soups
Side Dishes
Snacks

These are the same recipes that I've prepared in our test kitchen. I chose them for this book because they are easy to prepare, bursting with flavor and packed with nutrients to keep you and your family healthy.

I hope you become as inspired while reading this book and trying my recipes as I was while writing it.

To delicious eating and your good health!
Susan Daniels
Old 08-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #146
bookratt
Wizard

Southern Recipes Master Collection (Miss Scarlett's Scrumptious Southern Cooking) [Kindle Edition] Dr. Jane R. Westerfield (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Colle...igital-text_74

Here it is: all 90 of the outstanding recipes from the Southern Cookbook series, "Miss Scarlett's Scrumptious Southern Cooking" in ONE PLACE! This Master Collection contains all of the recipes for great Southern cooking from Vol. 1-4: Just Desserts, Southern Side Dishes & Breads, Southern Salads & Appetizers and Southern Main Dishes & More! Enjoy everything from Miss Scarlett's Yum-Yum Bars to Aunt Mildred's Cheese Pudding to Miss Joy's Curried Chicken & Orange Salad to Miss Scarlett's Corn Chowder along with 86 more delightful and delicious recipes from Southern USA!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:11 AM   #147
bookratt
Wizard

Cookie Delights: Classic Cookies for Every Occasion [Kindle Edition] Carol McDaniel (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Cookie-Delight...igital-text_92

Don't fill your library with useless cookie books that have hundreds of recipes that you never use! Cookie Delights condenses everything down and gives you the core cookie recipes that you'll need for just about every occasion, saving you time and energy (and even money, too)!

Inside Cookie Delights, you'll find the essential recipes for all of the classic cookies that you grew up with and loved! Each recipe was hand-selected by Carol to ensure that you'll always have the perfect recipe on hand for every occasion! Whether you're baking during the holidays (how about some Chocolate Crinkles or Gingerbread Cookies?), a get-together (try some Almond Snowballs or Jammin' Thumbprint Cookies) or you just want some comfort food (try the Chocolate Chocolate Cookies or the Chocolate Chip Delight), Cookie Delights has the essential cookie recipes that every home cook should have on hand.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #148
bookratt
Wizard

The Doctor's Ice Cream: 20 Healthy, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Fat, All Natural, Ice Cream Recipes (Moan Inducing Raw Vegan Recipes) [Kindle Edition] Heather Corbett (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Doctors-Ic...igital-text_94

Just Imagine Indulging Yourself On Exotic Ice Cream That Taste Like Sinful Delights and Can Be Prepared in Minutes..

If you are on a diet or a weight loss program and trying to avoid junk or unhealthy food, yet you still get cravings for something special like a rich, flavorful ice cream, then this book is a godsend for you. With the recipes in this book you'll be able to make the tastiest, most flavorful ice creams ever, without having to cheat or break your diet.

With these recipes, you can now enjoy ice cream that is insanely delicious, flavorful and alive yet free of any refined sugars, trans-fats, gluten, dairy, soy or white flour.*From now on you will start having the*healthiest, most energizing and nutritious ice creams ever,*made from REAL ingredients, with flavors, tastes and aromas that you have never experienced before.

The recipes in this book are all dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, low-fat and guilt-free, so you can finally enjoy an ice cream that will not make you fat or feel guilty!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #149
bookratt
Wizard

Healthy Crock Pot Meals That Keep You Feeling Full and Help You Easily Lose Weight [Kindle Edition] Nicole D. Richards (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Feelin...igital-text_17

Cooks from around the world, get ready to have a party! The cookbook you have been dreaming of has finally arrived! Full of delicious and healthy recipes, this book brings flavor back to your life. You can have your cake and eat it too, literally.

If you are tired of the same old recipes and you are racking your brain for something new to cook up, then this is the book for you. The perfect casserole, the tastiest sauces and the most mouth watering stews are just a few pages away. You will discover how to include savory herbs and spices into your daily cooking to make your meals yummy and satisfying.*
Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #150
bookratt
Wizard

Retro Family Recipes - Old Fashioned Recipes from the 1960's - 1990's [Kindle Edition]
LeeAnne Jones (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Family-R...igital-text_71

Remember back when you were a kid and your Mom had those favorite, dishes she would make? Remember all the new and interesting dishes that you could sample at every party, cookout and family gathering?

You might have thought those old recipes were gone for good, but I've dug up a cache of old retro family recipe cards that span from the 1960's - 1990's which are bound to include some of those childhood favorites that you've been longing for!

I've taken 35 recipes from these old fashioned recipe cards and translated them into this cookbook! Inside you'll find retro recipes for breads, side dishes, main meals and, of course, desserts (those are my favorite!). And, if you really want to relive those days of your youth, then I've also included some interesting information from that era in each recipe that is sure to spark your memory and even make you chuckle.

I've made sure the recipe directions were easy to follow, all ingredients can be purchased in modern times and I've even added in nutritional information for each recipe.

So, why not let your taste buds take a trip down memory lane?