Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 09-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
New Yahoo Mobile Web Search launched

WapReview is reporting that Yahoo has quietly released a new version of their mobile web search (here in the sushi-named UK link), and no one seems to have noticed the improvements.

"Yahoo quietly released a major upgrade to their mobile web based search product last month. I'm surprised that there wasn't more buzz on this as I think it's a pretty big deal. I can't find an official Yahoo announcement and only one blogger, a Yahoo employee, seems to have written anything about it.

So what's new? The big change is that when you do a Web search, Yahoo now includes mobile sites in the results - Yahoo used to only search for desktop sites and returned a transcoded-to-mobile copy of site."

It also appears to be fit for both WAP and mobile HTML browsers as the page comes up for me in FireFox. It would be interesting to hear from any regular Yahoo mobile search users. Maybe it's a site we should all check out for mobile web browsing.

Last edited by Bob Russell; 09-22-2006 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Wrong pic got attached!
Old 09-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Antoine of MMM
Mobile Ministry Magazine
Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Antoine of MMM is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nokia N75/N800 Internet Tablet
And so their side of the moble revolution takes a better pic; I can see soon from Y! that hosted mobile services will be a part of their offereing. If you will, a portal that serves as the "home page" of those things info and entertainment that one does on a mobile.

Google and MS seem to be doing the same, but more with productiviy apps as the focus. Ah, a great time to be mobile ain't it.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
johnnaryry
Connoisseur
johnnaryry doesn't litterjohnnaryry doesn't litter

Device: 64GB Apple iPad 3 WiFi, 32GB Apple iPhone 4S
Thanks for the update! I'm a regular Y! Mobile user, but somehow missed this.

--ryan