Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #16
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Georgia, designed by Matthew Carter, was done for Microsoft as one of their web fonts. Usually it's pre-installed w/ Microsoft's Internet Explorer, though it's bundled w/ other tools / things.

Used to be available as a free d/l from MS's site, the license allowed it to be archived elsewhere, so it's still available from sourceforge:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/c...2.exe?download

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #17
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Microsoft has for the tabletpc platform a powertoy called “My Font Tool”, where one can create a true type font from his handwriting: (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d.../tabletpc.mspx).

As I’m a hardcore tabletpc user (could not return to a “normal” laptop), I remembered I have had played with this some years ago… so… just for the kicks I uploaded a font of my handwriting into my Cybook, and presto… there I was reading my books with my handwriting!!! How about that!

I can tell you, reading the first pages of the test file from the Da Vinci Code in my handwriting… I almost laughted into tears…
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
It's one of the two fonts that come installed on the Cybook. Wonder if it could be copied out & used with MS Word?
It certainly wasn't pre-installed on my (early) CyBook. All I got was "Verdana" and "Courier". I did notice, though, that the illustration of the "Fonts" folder in the user guide showed the "Georgia" font as being present, so it sounds as though it is now pre-installed on more modern Gen3's?

If it's in the "Fonts" folder then yes, you could certainly copy it back to your PC and use it there.

I got it from my PC. May well have been installed as a part of Office 2007 - I did get that with my latest PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 AM   #19
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It certainly wasn't pre-installed on my (early) CyBook. All I got was "Verdana" and "Courier".
Same here on my first-batch Gen3. Just Courier and Verdana. I'm personally using Liberation Sans nowadays.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:14 AM   #20
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I love the Palatino. Its a great font. Looks realy good on the CyBook aswell.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #21
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
SylfaenARM is my favourite of the ones I've tried.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #22
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Same here on my first-batch Gen3. Just Courier and Verdana. I'm personally using Liberation Sans nowadays.
My recent Cybook (NAEB's first 100) had Verdana and Georgia but not Courier.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #23
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
My recent Cybook (NAEB's first 100) had Verdana and Georgia but not Courier.
Right now, I've got Berling Antiqua and Frutiger Linotype along with the 'standards'. I transferred those over because I like their feel on the display.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #24
firstclown
firstclown began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Found a free Baskerville called Baskervald - http://pagesperso-orange.fr/arkandis/ADF/fonts.html

I like how it's a little thicker than Palatino which shows up better on the device.
firstclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 PM   #25
binzer
Zealot
binzer doesn't litterbinzer doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
there is also a baskerville font available here:
http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free...html#FreeFonts

The same site also has Palatino, and other fonts that have been mentioned.
binzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:11 AM   #26
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I love the Palatino. Its a great font. Looks realy good on the CyBook aswell.
Thanks for the tip! Palatino does indeed look great.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #27
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
there is also a baskerville font available here:
http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free...html#FreeFonts

The same site also has Palatino, and other fonts that have been mentioned.
Hi Guys!!!

Need Help! (Font for Dummies)

I went on that website, downloaded the 4 Palatino fonts, copied them to my cybook Font folder, but even after I restarted the Cybook they do not show up in my Font family...

What did I do wrong ????

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #28
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...91&postcount=3
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #29
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Another vote for Georgia.

Has anyone tried loading more then 14 fonts? My font selections take up the whole page and I haven't been adventurous enough to try loading more. Not sure if it scrolls or changes to a double column...
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #30
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Today I switched from Palatino Linotype to Adobe Warnock. Warnock is very legible even at small sizes and works great on the Cybook – for print I still prefer Palatino and Garamond though.

Last edited by IceHand; 03-16-2008 at 11:44 AM.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote