Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
spiderwebil
spiderwebil began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
entourage pocket edge help

I have been trying to set up my new pocket edge, but have not been able to get past the registration step. Cannot make a wifi connection. Really getting frustrated. Am wondering if I have received a dud from WOOT, and what to do about it. Help appreciated.
spiderwebil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
texseabee
texseabee began at the beginning.

Device: none
I understand spider. I was in your position just last night. This is the information I received from a poster, which I followed and it worked. First you have to know the Edge Support is offline. I do not know what happened. But they are shuttered. So there is no registering your Edge. You might want to return it or you can do the following process.

"You may have to go to the factory reset. This is no big deal unless you have made alot of changes, but some things are necessary. Once you do the factory reset you should see a blue screen with the edge icon it will tell you to touch the screen. DO NOT DO THAT. What you will do is use the stylus to touch the screen in four places. #1 The top left corner under the white band. #2 The bottom left corner. #3 The bottom right corner. And #4 The top right corner under the white band. The screen will flash off and come back on. That should get you past the registration process.
texseabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by texseabee View Post
I understand spider. I was in your position just last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderwebil View Post
I have been trying to set up my new pocket edge, but have not been able to get past the registration step. Cannot make a wifi connection. Really getting frustrated. Am wondering if I have received a dud from WOOT, and what to do about it. Help appreciated.
Welcome to Mobileread and entourage edges!

Have a visit to the edge/pocket edge forum ,when you have the opportunity! Helpful members and many hints, tricks and tips. Also, there are a number of videos posted on YouTube by entourage that will assist in learning to use this little gem!

Forum member obsessed2 has compiled an extremely detailed list of Resources for New Edge and Pocket Edge Owners. And has detailed an updated method of performing an edge update.

The graphic in this thread/post Bypass registration screen shows how to get past the registration screen and the Error: Network connection error...Code 80, now that entourage servers are no longer active. Here is a video representation of the same graphic; Video explanation.

The entourage archive at the top of the entourage edge forum is a copy of the official entourage forum copied here when entourage shut down.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote