Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
King Mook Mook
King Mook Mook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
How to merge Mobi files?

Hi,
I just got my new Kindle, and as I discovered there are no folders to store items. This is a problem as I have all 37 Terry Pratchett books (go Terry!) and I don't want to scroll through them all to get to my other files. Is there any way to merge Mobi files to get the desired result?

Thanks,
King Mook Mook
P.S. If merging is possible how would I make hyperlinks as the first page which would link to were each book begins?
For example: If I click Mort (the third book) it would go down x number of pages to where Mort begins.
King Mook Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I don't know of a simple way to merge ebooks, although it is in principle something a program could automate for ePub (say).

If you have no other P's after Pratchett try pressing the q key to get past them (goto Q). Even if you have a few trailing P's this may still work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
merge, merge ebook, merge mobi