Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #211
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
OK, so this has been a long time in appearing

---

Chapter 13

The yeti, his companion, and the slowly drying woman from the sea walked up-river to the village. By now, though, it was getting on a bit, and the tea shop had closed for the day. The trio walked over to the nearest pub, which conveniently had a sign saying there were rooms for rent. The Australian barman mixed three drinks whilst two rooms were prepared and the landlords tried not to look too gleeful.

After food and some interesting cocktails, the trio made their upstairs to their rooms. The woman from the sea shook her head slightly and rubbed her eyes, convinced she had just seen two socks slip out from under a nearby door, then hide in the shadows. Even more concerning, she thought she saw the glint as of light bouncing off a small amount of metal. She shook her head - she must be imagining things.

—-

“That was close, Hugo”

“Too close. Still, I think she put it down to the drinks.”

“That’s good. Hugo - can I send myself a postcard?”

“What?”

“Only I saw some nice ones in the gift shop earlier”

“If you mus… wait… what? When were you in the gift shop?”

“Well, it was just a quick visit and…”

“Never mind. Come on, we have scouting to do.”

“I prefer brownies…”

“What?!”

“They have chocolate in them”

—-

The following morning, the woman from the sea went to the shop and asked, in accented English, for a cup of tea and some spotted dick pudding. It may simply have been the after effects of the cocktails, or the early hour, but she didn’t notice the waitress’s face turn ashen. A few moments later she had tea and spotted dick pudding in front of her. She tasted a small mouthful. Then another. And another. And was decided. Her mission was not the fool’s errand some had called it. She sipped her tea thoughtfully whilst deciding her next move. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something move. This time she was sure it was a pair of socks - socks she had last seen in a small apartment in Paris. She blinked, looked again, and there was nothing. Her brow furrowed, but another taste of the spotted dick pudding chased it all from her mind. She called to a passing waitress.

“I’d like to speak to the owner, please”

—-

Meanwhile, whilst the yeti and his companion were off for an early morning stroll, the chappie woke up with a very sore head. He rubbed the sore spot, and winced. Then his eyes fell on an empty cake box, and he made haste towards the ICC HQ.

—-

“Look at all these acorns!”

“Well, they are squirrels. What were you expecting? Croissants?”

“No - but I wasn’t expecting this many… oh! This doesn’t feel like an acorn… nor does this…”

“Lefty! I think you’re on to something! Here - help me try and open one”

“Umm… how?”

“Blast. We’ll need to roll it over the edge and hope it breaks. On the count of three - 3… 2… 1…”

—-

The yeti and his companion wandered into the tea shop just in time to see the woman from the sea talking to the tea shop owner. The conversation didn’t look like it was going too well, judging by the look of dismay on the owner’s face and outrage on the woman’s face.

“And that’s about the sum of it, I’m afraid. As much as I’d love to supply the Kingdom of Pinwheel with Spotted Dick Pudding, I simply can’t without the recipe” the owner said, looking and sounding very close to tears.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #212
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yea!!!! Chapter 13 is here!!!

Am.. I just have to love a "sock" that loves brownies.. especially because..“They have chocolate in them”. That's my kind of "sock".
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #213
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Wonderful!

(Message to Mr Yeti: please could you provide Am with lots of chocolate, plus anything else that she needs in order to write? Then we might see the next chapter before too long. The suspense is now just too much...)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #214
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker, patricia is right, the SUSPENSE IS TOO MUCH !!!

(oh, mister yeti, sir, can i contribute to the chocolate perhaps ? would you be so good as to open the window ?)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #215
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

(If it helps any, I have the remaining installments planned out, I just need to write them And thank you )
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #216
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
(If it helps any, I have the remaining installments planned out, I just need to write them And thank you )
yay ! will chocolate help ?
Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #217
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yay ! will chocolate help ?
Chocolate always helps!

(And a very tired yeti has just said he's left the window open)
Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #218
zelda_pinwheel

is he tired from poking you about this chapter ? tell him thank you.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #219
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

A nice foot rub???
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #220
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
is he tired from poking you about this chapter ? tell him thank you.
And I'm currently munching pain au chocolat. Unfortunately I'm at work. Fortunately my line manager and his manager are off for the next few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
A nice foot rub???
Unfortunately I really dislike my feet being touched
Old 10-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #221
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
And I'm currently munching pain au chocolat. Unfortunately I'm at work. Fortunately my line manager and his manager are off for the next few days
brilliant ! get writing, then !
Old 10-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #222
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
Yeti not feeling too well, but is pestering to the best of his abilities.
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #223
zelda_pinwheel

what's wrong with yeti ?? not ill, i hope ! anything i can lob over to make you feel better ? i've still got the coordinates set from when i sent am some chocolate.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #224
TallNHairyDave
The Yeti
TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.TallNHairyDave can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 3gs
The Lurgi from a couple of weeks ago that had me off work for a couple of days may have returned. It's been doing the rounds at work, so it's possible I've caught it off a colleague again.

At the moment it's just hot flushes, aches, tiredness and a bit of a cough. Hoping it doesn't get worse.

Could you send over a nice thermos flask containing honey, lemon juice, whisky and hot water mixed? Does wonders :-)
TallNHairyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #225
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
YAY FOR CHAPTER 13!!!!

Am, just keep writing, always, please!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote