Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Virtual Libraries "broken" in v 1.6?

Broken is probably too strong a word, but after installing 1.6 just now it would seem that virtual libraries no longer takes account of custom metadata. I have a custom column labelled MetaSeries and have used the labels there to create several virtual libraries, but after upgrading none of them contain any books when selected.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
I recently encountered the same thing but in my case I had renamed a custom column which also is used in my virtual lib criteria. Might that be the reason here too?

FYI: My virtual libraries are also based on custom columns and still showing content
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Go back to 1.5. This is a bug in 1.6 that (I think) should be fixed witht he next release.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
FYI: My virtual libraries are also based on custom columns and still showing content
Some of mine are too, but only where the title, series or tags share something with the custom metadata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Go back to 1.5. This is a bug in 1.6 that (I think) should be fixed witht he next release.
That's the easiest solution of course. For the time being I don't particularly need to use the virtual libraries though, so I'll probably just wait for the next release.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:20 AM   #5
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious

V1.7 is out, but virtual libraries is still broken in terms of taking into account custom metadata.

Oh well, 1.8 is probably not far away and in the meantime it's still not crucial.
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no bug that affects virtual libraries int his or any release. The bug in 1.6 affected people using the new marked books functionality and had nothing to do with virtual libraries.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious

What's the matter then, I wonder? Like I said in the first post:

"I have a custom column labelled MetaSeries and have used the labels there to create several virtual libraries, but after upgrading none of them contain any books when selected."

To take one example all my Warhammer 40K books are tagged as such in a custom field named "MetaSeries". In V1.5 I could select the virtual library "Warhammer 40K" and only they would be shown. In V1.6 and the current V1.7 only books with "Warhammer 40K" in the title and/or ordinary tags end up being shown.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are probably using an incorrect search expression. Hover your mouse over the column header to learn what column name to use to search a particular column. Make the search work as a normal search first and then create the virtual library from that search.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:08 AM   #9
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious

Thanks Kovid, I'll try that a bit later on and report back. Right now I'm very overdue for going to bed.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #10
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious

I decided to loose a few minutes more of sleep....

The search term #metaseries:"Warhammer 40K" was what I needed. I assume the virtual library function has simply been tweaked a little then, since before "Warhammer 40K" alone was all that was needed.

Thanks again Kovid, all is once again right with the world.