Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #31
runciter
runciter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Wow. I actually like the big previous page button... in fact, I think it is annoying that there isn't a previous page button on the right side. I always keep it in the cover and generally hold it with my right hand and have to switch to two hands to go to the previous page. It would be interesting to have snapshots of how people held their Kindles (what with a picture being worth...)

I do agree with everyone that when you buy a book after reading the sample, it should delete the sample and then bookmark you at the same point of the full book.
runciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you say the Kindle is better then the Sony Reader, you need to specify which model Sony Reader. It've very possible to say the Kindle is better then the 500, but not the 505. In my opinion, I don't find the Kindle better then the 505 based on what I have read of the Kindle. But I can say it may be better then the 500. So please don't use generalities when specifying Sony. Be specific. We need specific model numbers these days given that there are TWO reader models.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #33
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
For me, the Kindle is better than both. It comes down to feature set. The ability to search was a high priority item for me. Both Sony products were unacceptable to me without it. Now if that's not important to you, the Sony has it's own advantages. It's lighter, sleeker and less expensive. "Better" is relative, however there aren't many improvements of the 505 over the 500 that the Kindle doesn't also have.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #34
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Its best to have one of each, then you can enjoy all the benefits.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #35
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Its best to have one of each, then you can enjoy all the benefits.
I think, if I did that, I'd end up either chopping and changing continuously between the two (imitating 'Buridan's ass'); or just stick with one, and keep the other in the back of a drawer somewhere.

I need to limit my choices to stop me tormenting myself
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert