Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #796
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by adroid28 View Post
Hello there,

First of all. What a fantastic tool! This is brilliant and works really well

There is only one thing that I do not seem to get right. When converting lists are becoming jumbled up. Bullets appear without new lines after each bullet and the lines next to the bullets/numbers are breaking up. Here is two photos of problematic lists:

Is there a way to resolve that?

Thanks!

Dionysis
Thank you for PM-ing me the example. At this point, k2pdfopt does not detect bullet markers, so it is only going by the indentation and the justification of each line. It tries to determine how the text is justified based on the width of the majority of the lines, and then chooses whether to wrap text or break the line based on indentation and line length. The first example where it is wrapping the black bullets surprises me a little--the lines must be just long enough that the logic decides they should be wrapped together. In the second example, because everything is indented, the logic says to break each line up separately. I'll check this--I thought I had it so that if enough consecutive lines were indented, k2 would wrap them. I'll put it on my to-do list to re-visit this logic. For now, there aren't any settings to effectively adjust this unless you want to use -mode fw (or select "fit width" from "Conversion Mode" menu in the Windows GUI), which preserves formatting exactly since it just crops the margins, but will probably make the text too small for you.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #797
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

k2pdfopt v2.16 released

This is a bug fix release. See the web site for details.
Advert
Old 05-09-2014, 04:52 AM   #798
adroid28
adroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameteradroid28 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle
Ah, just saw your reply. I thought it would be something like that..

Thanks for checking it out anyway!

Dionysis
adroid28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #799
user743
Addict
user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.user743 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle PW2 special offers removed by Amazon for FREE
can i do "-grid -7 -11 0" (with the "-")

I have a PDF sign that was chopped up in to A4 pages to print. Can i piece it back together using the grid option with negative values (-7) (or in any other way).
user743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #800
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
can i do "-grid -7 -11 0" (with the "-")

I have a PDF sign that was chopped up in to A4 pages to print. Can i piece it back together using the grid option with negative values (-7) (or in any other way).
There presently isn't a way to do this with k2pdfopt, though it wouldn't be a very difficult feature to add at some point. I'm not sure what other software you could use.
Advert
Old 05-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #801
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle
Conversion Problem

Hello Willus,

I have a problem, and I attach source and output file.

Although the preview shows output OK, the pages in the file are not...

I have win7, 32 bit,

k2pdfopt version 2.16

options:-dev kpw -mode fw -ls-

and -ds 1.5 because the pages size at source file are very small.

Any suggestions??

Thanks and congratulations for your last release.

Friendly regards,
Angelos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pages from.pdf (350.8 KB, 308 views)
File Type: pdf Pages from_k2opt.pdf (359.2 KB, 299 views)

Last edited by agelos100; 05-11-2014 at 02:50 PM.
agelos100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:34 PM   #802
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos100 View Post
Hello Willus,

I have a problem, and I attach source and output file.

Although the preview shows output OK, the pages in the file are not...

I have win7, 32 bit,

k2pdfopt version 2.16

options:-dev kpw -mode fw -ls-

and -ds 1.5 because the pages size at source file are very small.

Any suggestions??

Thanks and congratulations for your last release.

Friendly regards,
Angelos
Angelos,

There's clearly something not working right with the -ds option. I'll poke into it when I get a chance. It's better if you add -n- to turn off native mode, but the text selection is still off. For now, just use -odpi to magnify the text instead, e.g. replace "-ds 1.5" with "-odpi 318" (1.5 x the usual DPI for the paperwhite).
Old 05-13-2014, 12:23 AM   #803
mike.foster
mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.mike.foster invented the internet.

Hi,

love k2pdf. Do you think you could help with this related thread?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2829188
mike.foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #804
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.17 released

This is a library update release. The MuPDF, Turbo JPEG, PNG, and FreeType libraries have all been updated to the latest releases. See the web site for detals.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:04 AM   #805
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: kobo glo
I notice this: on my kobo glo if i create a pdf in native output with toc all is ok, if i create a pdf whit toc in refolw mode, my kobo says that the pdf is protected by drm. without toc all is fine. is a kobo bug? thanks
sage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #806
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage79 View Post
I notice this: on my kobo glo if i create a pdf in native output with toc all is ok, if i create a pdf whit toc in refolw mode, my kobo says that the pdf is protected by drm. without toc all is fine. is a kobo bug? thanks
@sage79 -- Have you tried viewing the PDF on any other reader? On a PC? If you post or pm me the source file and command-line options, I'll test it on my hardware.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #807
sage79
Enthusiast
sage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of itsage79 has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: kobo glo
All pdf that i try, get the same error. i think is a kobo bug. reflowed pdf with toc: this book is protected by adobe drm. native pdf with toc, all ok. reflowed pdf without toc, all ok. maybe a huge pdf with toc?
sage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #808
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage79 View Post
All pdf that i try, get the same error. i think is a kobo bug. reflowed pdf with toc: this book is protected by adobe drm. native pdf with toc, all ok. reflowed pdf without toc, all ok. maybe a huge pdf with toc?
The re-flowed PDFs are created using an entirely different set of code to write the PDF file than the native PDFs (which use the MuPDF library calls). So it's not a complete surprise to me that you could get different behavior from the two types.

Edit: All of the devices I've tested on (Kindle 2, iPad 1 w/iOS 5, newer iPad w/iOS 7) can read both types of PDFs (native and re-flowed) with TOCs (no false DRM problems), but none of the PDF viewers on these devices display the TOC or let you navigate through it.

Last edited by willus; 05-31-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #809
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.17a released

This is a MS Windows-only bug fix. In v2.17, the support for MS Windows system fonts does not work correctly in MuPDF. This is fixed in v2.17a. See the web site for details.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:59 PM   #810
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt GUI on Linux using Wine

I got this e-mail from a k2pdfopt user recently who asked that I post it on MR:

"I really liked the Windows gui rather than the command line in Linux. I installed Wine and then downloaded the Windows version of k2pdfopt. Works really well. Then used Calibre to convert the converted pdf to mobi. Not perfect but almost."

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools