Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What team will win the Cup?
Portugal 5 6.02%
England 4 4.82%
Italy 2 2.41%
Netherlands 4 4.82%
Spain 11 13.25%
Germany 15 18.07%
Slovenia 2 2.41%
France 2 2.41%
Greece 0 0%
Switzerland 1 1.20%
Serbia 1 1.20%
Slovakia 0 0%
Brazil 6 7.23%
Argentinia 5 6.02%
Chile 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Mexico 2 2.41%
USA 6 7.23%
Honduras 0 0%
South Africa 0 0%
Algeria 0 0%
Ivory Coast 0 0%
Ghana 1 1.20%
Cameroon 0 0%
Australia 3 3.61%
Japan 2 2.41%
North Korea 1 1.20%
South Korea 1 1.20%
New Zealand 2 2.41%
none of the above 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Cool FIFA WC - vote and get dressed!

FIFA World Cup 2010 starts TODAY! Show your loyalty to your team and get dressed (examples see below). All dogs and all countries that aren’t participating support, of course, Germany ! And don’t forget to vote in the poll!

Click image for larger version

Name:	geoffc_FIFA.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	53171Name:  netseeker_FIFA.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  ygg_FIFA.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  42.0 KBName:  zippy_FIFA.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:	vr_FIFA.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	53175Click image for larger version

Name:	WDE_Fifa.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	53176
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:07 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Go Taegeuk Warriors! Go!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Go Taegeuk Warriors! Go!
YES! That's the spirit!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

If you go on Wikipedia you can find the badge of each respective team

search: <name of country> national football team (most of them are in .svg so you'll have to resize and output as .png or .jpg for avatars)
Old 06-11-2010, 04:27 AM   #5
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
If you go on Wikipedia you can find the badge of each respective team

search: <name of country> national football team (most of them are in .svg so you'll have to resize and output as .png or .jpg for avatars)
That's cool. Though I have to admit yours is way nicer than the official German football logo, see below. Maybe I should support Korea

Name:	463px-DFBEagle.svg.png
Views:	968
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	53177
Old 06-11-2010, 04:29 AM   #6
Moejoe
Banned

North Korean one is nice too:

Old 06-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #7
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
North Korean one is nice too:
Definitely! Hmmmm, there's an idea.....

Name:	Germany_Korea.png
Views:	361
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	53178
Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Does New Zealand do a haka before kick-off like in rugby? If so, I'd vote for them out of sheer intimidation
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:37 AM   #9
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Does New Zealand do a haka before kick-off like in rugby? If so, I'd vote for them out of sheer intimidation
Manichean, why aren't you dressed???

Name:  Manichean_fifa.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  33.3 KB
Old 06-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Manichean, why aren't you dressed???

Attachment 53179
Yeah, yeah... to be honest, I'm just not that into it. I just came here to post that semi-witty comment above.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:50 AM   #11
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Yeah, yeah... to be honest, I'm just not that into it. I just came here to post that semi-witty comment above.
I'm not THAT much into soccer either, but I love the World and the European Championship. It's so much fun, especially when you watch it with different people from different countries. So that isn't an excuse for you not to put on that exceptionally cool cap.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #12
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I'm not THAT much into soccer either, but I love the World and the European Championship. It's so much fun, especially when you watch it with different people from different countries. So that isn't an excuse for you not to put on that exceptionally cool cap.
Same here, and I always support at least 3 teams other than England, one of which I place a bet on to win - this time around it's South Korea I don't watch League football or support a particular team, but European and World Cups are always great fun to watch - besides, Football is the sport of the world! (not Soccer. Soccer is for Americans and Australians )

Last edited by Moejoe; 06-11-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
None of the above...

(oh, and I got dressed this morning, before I left for work...)

Last edited by Sweetpea; 06-11-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #14
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I never ever support my national team. (I'm strange that way)
So... how to choose... if we go by the badges, it'd have to be either ravens or elephants.

omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:21 AM   #15
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
None of the above...

(oh, and I got dressed this morning, before I left for work...)
Aww, but Sweetpea, hüpp Holland hüpp!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I never ever support my national team. (I'm strange that way)
So... how to choose... if we go by the badges, it'd have to be either ravens or elephants.
Well, omk, to be honest, when I look at your avatar I think the team you truly want to support is Germany, right

Name:  omk_fifa.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  22.2 KB

Tags
fifa world cup. soccer, vote usa!!!