Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
build a pdf viewer with original poppler

I am think about building a pdf viewer (based on ipdf) which depends on pure original poppler lib.
iRex made some modification to poppler lib, so it's not pure original. I don't know why the modification. Please advise if you know any about that.

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-20-2008 at 09:49 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I am think about building a pdf viewer (based on ipdf) which depends on pure original poppler lib.
iRex made some modification to poppler lib, so it's not pure original. I don't why the modification. Please advise if you know any about that.
Mmmh, poppler is a "PDF rendering library", there is nothing "wrong" with used poppler version, it is "working", the crux is the lack of features (like no searching etc.) of the viewer (ipdf).
I got Xpdf starting on iLiad ages ago, but I got problems with fonts rendering [maybe libraries mixup, not found fonts paths or something totally different]. I never got/tried to get beyond the stage "Cool, it is running, let's take a screenshot".
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

I am satisfied with the current ipdf. I just want to code on my own. It's for practicing, studying, and fun.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
iRex made some modification to poppler lib, so it's not pure original. I don't know why the modification. Please advise if you know any about that.
Someone here looked at it (don't remember who, though).

The modifications were mostly for staticgray suport (the 256 grayscale palette that the iliad's X server uses), if I'm not mistaken.

So you should use the patched one, not the original one .

And irex initially used a slightly modified xpdf (motif-based), and later changed to current ipdf (libpoppler and gtk+ based).

Yokos: xpdf uses ghostscript's fonts (debian package gsfonts). I'm almost sure that your compiled version was searching them in a wrong path; the iliad has them installed in /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
ericshliao
Guru

Thanx for the info.
Then it's useless to compile new version poppler unless some patch applied. I'll see if I can read iRex's modification.