Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
KindleGen and KindlePreviewer v2.8 Update

Links below:

KindleGen v2.8

KindlePreviewer v2.8
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
forgottenbooks
forgottenbooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for sharing the links
forgottenbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Mobi forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Kindle Previewer for mac is not launching for me. I am using 10.8.2. System log does not have any useful detail--just says 'exit 1'. Wonder if it is a java problem.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Kindle Previewer for mac is not launching for me. I am using 10.8.2. System log does not have any useful detail--just says 'exit 1'. Wonder if it is a java problem.
Working for me. What happens if you run it from the command line?

Code:
/Applications/Kindle\ Previewer.app/Contents/MacOS/Kindle\ Previewer
Oh, have you installed the Java update yet? Apple blacklisted the previous version because of security holes, so Java won't run at all if you haven't updated it.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I had Oracle JDK 7 on here also, though not the latest version (the updater ran a day or two ago but it must have been unsuccessful). After uninstalling it, Kindle Previewer runs.

Unfortunately when I install the latest JDK (1.7.0_15), Kindle Previewer again fails to launch. Apple's latest JVM is 1.6.0_41.

KP's Info.plist defines the executable as 'JavaApplicationStub', not 'Kindle Previewer'. So that is what it is trying to run when Kindle Previewer.app is opened. If I launch 'Kindle Previewer' instead, I get this error:

Code:
Error: This Java instance does not support a 32-bit JVM.
Please install the desired version.
I tend to think this is KP's problem. Java is pretty good at backward compatibility.

But at least I know how to get it working if I need to.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #7
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
--- DELETED ---

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. The intended one was: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=11

Last edited by AlPe; 03-04-2013 at 08:16 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote