Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
I can't find Bryce Courtnay e-books (epub)

Has anybody come across any Bryce Courtnay e-books in epub format? I can't seem to find any, I'm starting to think that he may be one of those writers who's publisher shuns e-books ...
I'm also after Sapphire's book "Push" also in epub.

Cheers,

m-reader
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Has anybody come across any Bryce Courtnay e-books in epub format? I can't seem to find any, I'm starting to think that he may be one of those writers who's publisher shuns e-books ...
I'm also after Sapphire's book "Push" also in epub.

Cheers,

m-reader
Waterstones UK has some Bryce Courtnay available as ADE ePubs.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 AM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Waterstones UK has some Bryce Courtnay available as ADE ePubs.
Thanks mate, I'll have a look at it tonight - dreaded WebSense is blocking it from work!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
The Power of One was the last paper book I read...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #5
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I would love to have The Power of One as an ebook. That is one of my Top 10 favorite books of all time. My copy is falling to pieces.

Thanks for the link to Waterstones. I bought Whitethorn which I haven't read yet.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 02:36 AM   #6
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I would love to have The Power of One as an ebook. That is one of my Top 10 favorite books of all time. My copy is falling to pieces.

Thanks for the link to Waterstones. I bought Whitethorn which I haven't read yet.

-Marcy
Same here - my wife is very excited! If I could only find the Push by Sapphire (made into a movie recently - "Precious") in e-book, that would really make her day!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:01 AM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
http://www.readwithoutpaper.com/ has Bryce Courtnay books (book?) for Australians and NZers..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #8
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
http://www.readwithoutpaper.com/ has Bryce Courtnay books (book?) for Australians and NZers..
Nice one, thanks for that! Prices are also pretty good.

BTW, I'm from Melbourne - only slightly geographically challenged at the moment

PS - They only have Jessica by BC

Last edited by m-reader; 02-08-2010 at 03:24 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 AM   #9
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Book. They only have Jessica. And it's available almost everywhere in the world *except* the US! Jessica is also available at Waterstones, along with Whitethorn and Tommo & Hawk. I was able to buy Whitethorn using a US address.

The Australian/NZ website has the worst search engine ever. Putting Bryce Courtenay in yielded about 30 results, most of which I couldn't figure out why they popped up!

-Marcy
Old 02-08-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Book. They only have Jessica. And it's available almost everywhere in the world *except* the US! Jessica is also available at Waterstones, along with Whitethorn and Tommo & Hawk. I was able to buy Whitethorn using a US address.

The Australian/NZ website has the worst search engine ever. Putting Bryce Courtenay in yielded about 30 results, most of which I couldn't figure out why they popped up!

-Marcy
I think I'll buy Jessica from the Oz website and the rest from Waterstones.
I checked the Geo restrictions list and I was pleasantly surprised that my current location is supported (Saudi Arabia!).
WTR search engine, I think they do an "OR" search (e.g. Bryce OR Courtenay). The best way to beat this is to click on the first book that matches and then click on the author's name to see what else they have. Fictionwise is the same ...
Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
I think I'll buy Jessica from the Oz website and the rest from Waterstones.
I checked the Geo restrictions list and I was pleasantly surprised that my current location is supported (Saudi Arabia!).
WTR search engine, I think they do an "OR" search (e.g. Bryce OR Courtenay). The best way to beat this is to click on the first book that matches and then click on the author's name to see what else they have. Fictionwise is the same ...
No, Fictionwise uses AND not OR. Much more sensible system. Who is going to search for two different authors at the same time? For an example you can type "Ralph Peters" in the author box. You only get one book, not the zillions of books with an author with last name Peters.

-Marcy
Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
No, Fictionwise uses AND not OR. Much more sensible system. Who is going to search for two different authors at the same time? For an example you can type "Ralph Peters" in the author box. You only get one book, not the zillions of books with an author with last name Peters.

-Marcy
Of course - you are right. I think I was doing a search by keyword, not by author - which works as you describe it.

Cheers,

m-reader