Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-25-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
An explanation for the "Oops, We're Working On Your problem," page at the Sony Store

I don't believe this issue has ever been "solved," until now. There have been a few reports on this problem, and I too encountered this problem.

BACKGROUND:
I live in Peru, although I'm an American Citizen. I have an active street address and an active U.S. bank account.

PROBLEM:
One day, I tried to order a book, but could not get into certain areas of Sony's Store in order to purchase books. I could actually add content to my cart, but I could not delete content. I couldn't view my cart, and I couldn't view the Home Page of their Store. I could change my account status - the information. That was all.

I emailed them and told them I was a resident of the U.S. and visiting Peru; and that I had a bank account in the U.S. and a resident address in the U.S.

They emailed me back and said that I must have a resident address in the U.S. and that I must have a bank account in the U.S.

EDITORIAL CONTENT [with a supplied swear word]: DO CORPORTATIONS EVER READ THEIR DAMN EMAIL, OR ONLY SEND OUT A FORM LETTER?!

I emailed them again and LO! I received an answer. I must call them to sort out the problem. Well, I knew I was coming to the U.S. to visit, so I never emailed them again.

SOLUTION:
It seems that my bank was sold to another company and went through a name change. My active debit card - with funds still deposited into my account - was made invalid by my bank, even though the expiration date had not been reached on the card.

I went to the bank and they issued me a replacement card for my account. The card has a different number and is also a debit card.

I went back to the house and reentered this information into my Account Information at the Sony Store. Now everything is ok is working.

If you've ever encountered the "Oops, sorry we're working on it" scenario, perhaps my explanation of my own story is helpful to you.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
I had a similar problem with my US bank that was sold, etc. They cancelled my credit card (which hadn't been used in 6 months - but still!) without even notifying me!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I had a similar problem with my US bank that was sold, etc. They cancelled my credit card (which hadn't been used in 6 months - but still!) without even notifying me!

Interesting. I was told by my bank that if no deposits or withdrawals occur in one year, that Federal Regulations allow a bank to make invalid one's credit/debit card.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote