Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-15-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Google Personalized Beta

Not sure when they launched this beta, but Google Personalized allows you to personalize results by creating a profile of your interests.

http://labs.google.com/personalized

Perhaps worth a try.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the tip, Doctorow!

I gave it a quick try and it looks neat. You get an interactive slider bar that controls the degree of personalization (Min to Max). And when it's a personalized result it has a little icon next to it. You can see those items slide around in the result order based on how much personalization you choose. Really looks cool!

In fact, I've set it to be my default homepage (instead of the main Google page that I used to have). Only wish it would personalize news search results also. I sent feedback suggesting that... maybe that's part of their plan over time, anyway?

And noticing the url, I also tried http://labs.google.com/ which was new to me, and very interesting. Google really seems to have their act together, and they're not resting on their laurels. They're taking very creative and logical steps to do things right, and it shows in their results!

This one belongs on the front page...!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
They should do this for Google News. Or get off their lazy butts and offer RSS. I just spent 30 mins trying to find one of those parsing sites on the net. Pain in the arse....
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote