Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #316
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Then we had best just wait for Deep to tell us what changes from factory where done to that image.
I will check the image and see if I can tell if it was copied while files where open (that testing is not a "sure thing" - would be better if Deep told us).
fsck can often (but not always) repair that kind of damage in a backup image file. I have gotten multiple corrupted backup copies before I started booting to the OTHER partition to make a backup. Since then they have always been good copies.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #317
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
fsck can often (but not always) repair that kind of damage in a backup image file. I have gotten multiple corrupted backup copies before I started booting to the OTHER partition to make a backup. Since then they have always been good copies.
Depending on some details of "how" the image was mounted, if it was copied while running, then /sys and /proc will be populated. They might not be populated if this system image had those directories over-mounted with a tmpfs directory while running.
So even this is not a certain indicator but that is the first thing I will look for.

(Plus running an fsck on anything a person intends to share is a nice thing to do in a civilized world anyway.)

Last edited by knc1; 06-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #318
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After repairing an image with fsck, you need to delete the new lost+found directory just like amazon does... I did that I the images I provided.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #319
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Then we had best just wait for Deep to tell us what changes from factory where done to that image.
I will check the image and see if I can tell if it was copied while files where open (that testing is not a "sure thing" - would be better if Deep told us).
Filesystem image is clean and appears not to have been mounted while being copied.
@Deep: Can you confirm?
Edit: Already confirmed in the announcment post (my bad):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=52

Last edited by knc1; 06-07-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #320
geekmaster

main_kernel-5.1.0.img.gz added to "forensic downloads" pastebin in first post.

This should make it easier to debrick directly to 5.1.0 firmware. Use both the 5.1.0 mmcblk0p1 and 5.1.0 main kernel.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #321
mony
mony began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 3G
lastly after weeks in reading threads to understand some i can get to fastboot mode and see my kindle in device manger kindle fastboot then i opened cmd and typed cd\ and in the next step i tried to write cd fastboot to get c:\fastboot) and i cant saying system can't find patch specified although i put all files in drive c
what can i do to get in c:\fastboot) to be abl to write comands ??
mony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #322
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mony View Post
lastly after weeks in reading threads to understand some i can get to fastboot mode and see my kindle in device manger kindle fastboot then i opened cmd and typed cd\ and in the next step i tried to write cd fastboot to get c:\fastboot) and i cant saying system can't find patch specified although i put all files in drive c
This is a Kindle Touch?
Try this guide: http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/k5/Gui...e_Touch_v2.pdf
Old 06-08-2012, 04:44 AM   #323
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
At step 1 of "FLASH NEW DIAGS WITH SSH AND KERNEL", you have to CREATE the fastboot folder in C before unzipping the Fastboot_win_public.zip.

I'll update the guide...I didn't think about this, I thought C:\fastboot was enough...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #324
mony

Quote:
This is a Kindle Touch?
Try this guide: http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/k5/Gui...e_Touch_v2.pdf
at the guide above when i open putty and change ip adress at this step:
now open putty.exe and type 192.168.15.244 and port 22 and ssh connectionthen click open and press yes at security alert

i cant fined yes or security alert and putty saying connection failed or refused
Old 06-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #325
geekmaster

Quote:
at the guide above when i open putty and change ip adress at this step:
now open putty.exe and type 192.168.15.244 and port 22 and ssh connectionthen click open and press yes at security alert

i cant fined yes or security alert and putty saying connection failed or refused
Did you manually set the host PC RNDIS interface address to 192.168.15.201?

Did you start USBnetwork in diags (menu N U Z X), then wait 20 seconds before connecting with PuTTY?

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-08-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 AM   #326
mony

Quote:
Did you manually set the host PC RNDIS interface address to 192.168.15.201?

Did you start USBnetwork in diags (menu N U Z X), then wait 20 seconds before connecting with PuTTY?
yes i did and saying connection refused
and what or where is yes at security alert
Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #327
geekmaster

Quote:
yes i did and saying connection refused
and what or where is yes at security alert
Did you try to connect as SSH (not telnet)? If you did, and if the kindle was running SSH, then PuTTY should have asked (one time) if you want to allow using a new SSL key in a "security alert" popup dialog box.

"Connection refused" indicates that SSH is (probably) not running in the kindle. If you installed the diags partition (and matching kernel) with SSH, the N U Z X menu selection SHOULD start SSH.

FYI: The "forensics" pastebin in the "simple debricking" sticky first post now contains a 5.1.0 main kernel, so you can now flash that with fastboot, then flash the 5.1.0 main partition from diags SSH. You can still flash 5.0.0 main kernel and partition if you want to use an older firmware version.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #328
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I need to update the guide to add those new images (and to fix the small error Geekmaster noted!)

As regards Mony, if you started SSH in diag mode and if you have set IP, then I don't know what to do..
Do you wait 20-30 sec before starting Putty?
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #329
geekmaster

It would help for us to SEE what you are seeing. A screenshot of your Putty settings would help. Also, open a command console and show the output from this command "ipconfig /all".

If you have any firewall or security suite installed, please temporarily disable that and try again.

Also, when you flashed the diags_ssh partition, did you flash a matching diags kernel? I suspect that you did, or the diags menu may not work at all...

Basically, what we need from you is MORE INFORMATION, or we could keep going back and forth asking questions for days. We cannot accurately diagnose your problem when we have to make guesses because we do not have enough information about your particular settings.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-08-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #330
mony

Quote:
Did you try to connect as SSH (not telnet)? If you did, and if the kindle was running SSH, then PuTTY should have asked (one time) if you want to allow using a new SSL key in a "security alert" popup dialog box.

"Connection refused" indicates that SSH is (probably) not running in the kindle. If you installed the diags partition (and matching kernel) with SSH, the N U Z X menu selection SHOULD start SSH.

FYI: The "forensics" pastebin in the "simple debricking" sticky first post now contains a 5.1.0 main kernel, so you can now flash that with fastboot, then flash the 5.1.0 main partition from diags SSH. You can still flash 5.0.0 main kernel and partition if you want to use an older firmware version.

i had succeded in putting kindle in fast boot mode and i got c:\fastboot) after sliver18 said to me make fastboot folder in drive c then i tried to write comand fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2_ssh.img and pressed enter nothing occured and saying can't load mmcblk0p2_ssh.img
i tried several times
then i thinked that i can copy them manually in kindle drive through kindlediags usb device mode and i did and did N U Z x and nothing done and connection refused i had changed ip adress and did steps in silver18 guide
how can i overcome that please in steps iam doctor and not professional in technology and software

Tags
debricking