Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
stock art - how much would this cost?

I'm interested in using this image and the capital letter R in the cover for a book, but I honestly can't figure out how much it will cost to use them for both an ebook cover and a print cover - their "credits" and "extended use" don't seem to make sense - it looks like you have to subscribe to use them for x amount of days, which doesn't make sense in a cover. And I can't find any "contact us" information to get it clarified. Help?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
In the upper right of the web page I see a telephone number next to a telephone handset icon. Clicking on it gets me a list of phone numbers to reach them, internationally. Also a Mon-Fri "Live Chat" service. Do they not show for you?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, I can't see it. I may have to turn off my ad-blocker or something, see whether that will help. Thanks for telling me where to look, and that I might have a problem with my browser. (note: looked at website in IE, and I see the icon.)
Old 05-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Nope, I can't see it. I may have to turn off my ad-blocker or something, see whether that will help.
I thought that might be the problem.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #5
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
So based on:

http://www.123rf.com/license_summary.php

It seems like you can purchase it with a standard subscription and sell up to 250,000 copies of the ebook.

But you will want to check with them. I tend to shop here:

http://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/gargoyle.html

as I did not really like 123rf's pricing model as much.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard

Well, for $20 for just the typographical elements I wanted, it didn't seem too bad. I really doubt I'll sell over 250,000 copies! (if I sell 10, I'll feel good about it!)

but thanks for that other site - it's bookmarked. I could maybe use some of those as interior elements.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Matth79
Zealot
Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matth79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
http://www.fotolia.com/id/51688604 - Their pricing follows a credit model, might work out a little cheaper - Drakonova's stuff seems to be on all the stock sites, so it's find the one with the best deal.
Also on Shutterstock (price per block of downloads)

Last edited by Matth79; 05-20-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Matth79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard

This is a the same price that I paid for the same graphic on the other site. Odd that this site didn't come up when I did my google search. oh, well - it's bookmarked now.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
You might also want to look round at Deviant art. Some people who are members over there do cover work and such as well. Some of them do covers for people during NaNoWriMo so you might also want to check over at the forum at www.nanowrimo.org in the "Nano Artisans" board.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote