Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Query about Calibre 0.7.9 and request

I am on the latest version and just noticed that the number of books in the Calibre database does not show now. This gave me an indication of books in Calibre as compared to my Kindle2. is it permanently removed?

I was just doing a search to see if I had a particular book in the database and the search line came up with a pink background and did not find the book. If I search by author Calibre finds the book. I went in to edit metadata and the title I was searching is correctly entered. Obviously the not finding and pink background means something but I could not find anything in the manual.
Incidentally while in metadata I retyped the book title again to make sure id not have any crazy hidden characters and tried again. Same result!

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the pink means your search query is invalid, probably because it has a colon in it. Read the section on search in the user manual. You will be able to restire the text for number of books in the next release by Preferences->Interface->Toolbar text
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
mitch13
Groupie

Search

Hi Kovid,

There are no other characters in the book title. I (hopefully) attach a screen dump). As I said I also retyped the title just in case there were any weird characters not showing.

Cheers

Mitch13
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Calibre Search.pdf (118.3 KB, 199 views)
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's definitely a bug, will be fixed in the next release.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can also have the search query work by surrounding it with quotes, so use

"Under the Andes"
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
mitch13
Groupie

Much appreciated Kovid. Great product

mitch13