Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
New Official Lbook Firmware for 5" and 6" readers

For those of you who have been following the Buggins releases of CoolReader on the Lbook firmware, Lbook has made an official release of the new firmware for all three of the supported Hanlin clone readers. These are equivalent to the 6" EZReader, the PocketPRO and the EZReader PLUS.

The English language site is not updated yet, but you can read the Russian language site using a web page translator like Google Translate.

http://www.lbook.ua/ru/downloads/
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Thanks, downloading it now.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
For those of you already running the 0622 "beta", no need to d/l this because I checked the md5 sums and it's the same one exactly.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
I think coolreader is a smidgen less, the very last number is a 0 again and Buggins was a 1...
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
tried it
can't change bookshelf font (in settings it displays as changed, but it remains arialb
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
tried it
can't change bookshelf font (in settings it displays as changed, but it remains arialb
True, and although it showed 1/5 at the bottom of font choices, you can't change to any of the other 5 pages.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
I think coolreader is a smidgen less, the very last number is a 0 again and Buggins was a 1...
You may want to carefully check the filename of the update file that you downloaded, because I am seeing CoolReader 3.0.32 as the version in the official Lbook update that I downloaded. The reason that I suggest carefully checking the filename is because there are TWO download links on that web page, and I downloaded the old one by mistake on my first try.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
True, and although it showed 1/5 at the bottom of font choices, you can't change to any of the other 5 pages.
I ran into the unchangeable system font problem too, but I do not have any problem moving between the font selection pages. The way I see the problem is that everything goes fine in the font selection menu, and the check mark moves to the font that I select. However, when I OK out of the font selection menu nothing happens and the previous system font remains. The way I worked around it was to go back to an older firmware, change the system font, and then reload this latest official release firmware. Now I have the font that I want regardless of what the font selection menu says that I have. Since I always leave the system font at IBOOKN, that worked out OK for me.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

strange
i can - also change the pages, but your workaround (fontselection from prev FW remains active) doesn't work for me, if it would I'd even havent't noticed said bug, because ther 'd be no reason for me to change the shelf font at all.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
strange
i can - also change the pages, but your workaround (fontselection from prev FW remains active) doesn't work for me, if it would I'd even havent't noticed said bug, because ther 'd be no reason for me to change the shelf font at all.
Yes, that IS strange! Now you have me wondering if I did not correctly remember what I did? But, I do have the IBOOKN font working as the system font in the Bookshelf application, so everything is fine with my setup for now.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
You may want to carefully check the filename of the update file that you downloaded, because I am seeing CoolReader 3.0.32 as the version in the official Lbook update that I downloaded. The reason that I suggest carefully checking the filename is because there are TWO download links on that web page, and I downloaded the old one by mistake on my first try.
I have to doublecheck that - but frankly, I tried so many different firmware updates, I think I confused my reader by now and probably should format my internal memory first.

Yep, I formatted the hard drive and now it shows cool reader 3.0.32 - and it works much faster as well, I guess cleaning out the cobwebs every so often is a good thing...

Last edited by booknut; 06-29-2010 at 08:27 AM.
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

thx for your patience with all this reflashings and tests
just wanted to mention karma follows asap
Old 06-29-2010, 01:57 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It would be nice if there was a site where all firmwares would be put side-by-side to see what the differences are...

I mean, is it worth it to flash my Mini, if I never use CoolReader?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 AM   #14
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It would be nice if there was a site where all firmwares would be put side-by-side to see what the differences are...

I mean, is it worth it to flash my Mini, if I never use CoolReader?
There are other enhancements besides the new CoolReader features, like the ability to move, copy or delete files in the Bookshelf. BUT, it is the CoolReader enhancements that are the big difference for me, and the ability to use CoolReader for DRM-free EPUB instead of ADE.

Only you would know if the other enhancements are of any benefit to you, and since re-flashing is only a 5 minute exercise it is no big deal to just try an alternative firmware and see for yourself.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
That's what I mean. I can't find a list about what's different or new. I'm only using PDF (self-created), so I only care about the fact that it won't store my bookmarks if I close the book (because I have spaces in the name of the file).

And I don't like flashing if it's not required...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote