Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
sydtibs
sydtibs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader 505
What am I doing wrong?

I have a Sony 505. I brought all of my books into Calibre, made changes to the metadata, and saved the books to a different folder. Most of the books were purchased from the Sony bookstore.

Then I deleted all of the books on my 505 and deleted all of the books from my ebook library. I moved the books from my Calibre folder to the ebook library folder and then synced. The books on my reader are just the same as they were before with all of the erroneous author information that was there before.

When I tried to use Calibre to send the books directly to the 505, I got an error message. I couldn't even transfer one book directly from Calibre.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
sydtibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
The books you bought from Sony are DRM protected. Calibre can not open them to copy, recreate them with updated metadata.

Sorry.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert