Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
505 £169 in Argos:

According to the ad in store this offer is only until Monday:
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...=GO+%3E#tabrev

Though the website doesn't say that.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Nice price.

I just checked out JL. Their red reader is now 199 and silver 169.
Sony is definitely planning on something...either ditch readers altogether or bring in a new one
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
According to the ad in store this offer is only until Monday:
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...=GO+%3E#tabrev

Though the website doesn't say that.
You didn't read it well enough, this was at the bottom of the page

Quote:
Additional Information

Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. This does not affect your statutory rights.

Current selling price valid until 23/06/2009
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Nice price.

I just checked out JL. Their red reader is now 199 and silver 169.
Sony is definitely planning on something...either ditch readers altogether or bring in a new one
Actually maybe not.

John Lewis has a longstanding pricematch policy within a set distance from their stores. I would guess that enough of their stores have an Argos within a close enough distance to make a blanket pricematch against them.

Which would explain why the exclusive red was still higher as JL will _only_ match the exact item that is discounted elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
You didn't read it well enough, this was at the bottom of the page
I could swear that wasn't there when I posted the message, but I might be wrong. And in my defence, they put it right down the bottom, in smaller type and a different colour. :-)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote