Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #16
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniattico View Post
Thanks! Now I haven't that issue, however I don't get the plugin work.

Thanks!!
You are right, I changed the seperator to '#Pr.B#' , but did not change the code to look for that.

You can install version 0.2.2, and then run again set decimal.

( version 0.2.2 available at the starttopic of this thread).

Hope you enjoy it now!!
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:02 AM   #17
maniattico
maniattico began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android
Thanks for the efford, but it hasn't work jet. I get the same as before:

calibre, version 2.27.0
Updated database: Finished extracting rating from publisherfield
- for a total of 0 books

Furthermore, I can see that the version in Calibre after install frating2-2.zip is named as "frating (2.1.0) by Pr. Barnart".

I've upgrade Calibre to the last version (2.27) too.

Thanks!
maniattico is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2015, 05:24 AM   #18
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the efford, but it hasn't work jet.
Ok, let's check:

After a metadata search with the modified goodreads_plugin:
is the Publisherfield filled with the name of the Publisher, followed by '#Pr.B#' and then the decimal rating?

If not :is there a sepeartor like "#Pr.Barnart#''?
Do you see the decimal rating in the publisherfield after the search?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #19
maniattico

This is the log of a search (yes, I get the flag that you said):

Code:
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Ubik', u'authors': [u'Philip K. Dick'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9780547572291', u'goodreads': u'12346742'}} 
Using plugins: Goodreads_Rating 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Goodreads_Rating ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')] 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Goodreads_Rating took 2.50500011444 

--- 
Title               : Ubik
Author(s)           : Philip K. Dick
Publisher           : Mariner Books#Pr.Barnart#4.09
Tags                : Science Fiction, Mystery, Classics, Fantasy
Languages           : eng
Rating              : 2
Published           : 1969-01-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : isbn:9780547572291, goodreads:12346742
Comments            : <p>“From the stuff of space opera, Dick spins a deeply unsettling existential horror story, a nightmare you’ll never be sure you’ve woken up from.”—Lev Grossman, <em>Time</em>  </p><p>Glen Runciter runs a lucrative business—deploying his teams of anti-psychics to corporate clients who want privacy and security from psychic spies. But when he and his top team are ambushed by a rival, he is gravely injured and placed in “half-life,” a dreamlike state of suspended animation. Soon, though, the surviving members of the team begin experiencing some strange phenomena, such as Runciter’s face appearing on coins and the world seeming to move backward in time. As consumables deteriorate and technology gets ever more primitive, the group needs to find out what is causing the shifts and what a mysterious product called Ubik has to do with it all.  </p><p>“More brilliant than similar experiments conducted by Pynchon or DeLillo.”—Roberto Bolaño</p> 
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12346742' 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 2.61 seconds 
The longest time (2.505000) was taken by: Goodreads_Rating 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.76 seconds
I think the issue is that the Goodreads search don't write the publisher metadata. After search and save, the publisher gap is empty.

Thanks again!
Old 05-05-2015, 08:27 AM   #20
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

In the log the seperator is #Pr.Barnart#.

My enverionment was not in sync, thats why I got the #Pr.B# seperator.
I replaced the frating.zip with version 2.1 again. You have to download and install it again.
That works with me.

If the publisher is not filled in by the plugin, maybe you did not check the publisherfield in the configuration of the plugin.
Can you check this?
Advert
Old 05-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #21
maniattico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
maybe you did not check the publisherfield in the configuration of the plugin.
Can you check this?
I haven't check the publisher, and now it's works!!

Now, the only issue is with the spanish named books, wich Goodreads not found.

Thank you a lot.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #22
maniattico

Sorry, another issue

In most of the books, I get this setting decimal rating:

Code:
calibre, version 2.27.0
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>ValueError</b>:could not convert string to float: #4.28

calibre 2.27 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: frating && Goodreads && Count Pages && Goodreads_Rating
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.frating.main", line 122, in start_change
  File "calibre_plugins.frating.main", line 107, in change
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 465, in set_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1293, in set_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1235, in protected_set_field
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1215, in set_field
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1037, in set_field
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 509, in set_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 509, in <dictcomp>
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\write.py", line 88, in adapt_number
ValueError: could not convert string to float: #4.28
Old 05-07-2015, 03:36 AM   #23
maniattico

The weird is that in every book, I get the 4.28 and not its rating
Old 05-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #24
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
The weird is that in every book, I get the 4.28 and not its rating
Dou you have one or more title/author as an example.
I cannot reproduce the errors you listed.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:04 AM   #25
maniattico

Hello Pr.BarnArt!

I've found out the issue and how to solve it.

The error was given when in the "Publisher" data there are any of this characteres: á, é, í, ó or ú.

I change that and now the plug-in works correctly.

Thank you again.

Regards.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:45 AM   #26
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Nice,
why don't you share ?

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 05-26-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #27
please55
Connoisseur
please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.please55 did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: none
Hi, thank you for the plug in and congrats on the writing . Maybe I can offer help sometime on some spelling errors?

I'm getting an error getting the number from publisher field into the new column. Here is report:

calibre, version 2.28.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 32] Broken pipe

calibre 2.28 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Wed Mar 18 16:20:14 PDT 2015; root:xnu-2422.115.14~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.9
OSX: ('10.9.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Fantastic Fiction && frating && Extract ISBN && Quality Check && Goodreads_Rating && Find Duplicates && Annotations && Goodreads && Count Pages && Modify ePub && View Manager && Barnes & Noble
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.frating.main", line 117, in start_change
File "calibre_plugins.frating.main", line 133, in check_column
File "calibre_plugins.frating.main", line 72, in check_gr
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Any ideas?

Last edited by please55; 06-29-2015 at 11:09 AM.
please55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #28
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by please55 View Post
I'm getting an error getting the number from publisher field into the new column.
Any ideas?
I am om holiday. I will look for it after that
Old 07-08-2015, 06:03 AM   #29
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by please55 View Post
I'm getting an error getting the number from publisher field into the new column. Here is report:

calibre, version 2.28.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 32] Broken pipe

Any ideas?

My first quess: it is something related to your computer-configuration.
Did it worked before?
I see you are using a Mac, so I have to find one too .
After that I will check if I get the same error

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 07-08-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #30
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr.BarnArt View Post
My first quess: it is something related to your computer-configuration.
Did it worked before?
I see you are using a Mac, so I have to find one too .
After that I will check if I get the same error
I found a Mac , but could not reproduce the error. It works as described.
I am on OS x 10.10.2.
Did it worked before?
Is there a custom column named gr1.
(the function that gave the error (check_gr) is looking for it).
It seems that it cannot read the db.custom_column_label_map

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 07-08-2015 at 04:45 PM.