Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
Tinkergnome
Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
mobi to azw3 / azw3 to mobi

I understand that calibre will not get the functionality of writing the exth 113 or 503 fields. But why does it delete the fields when i convert the files from mobi to azw3 or azw3 to mobi. I will have to spend hours rebuilding my library due to calibre deleting them while i was changing file types so i could use send to kindle. Is there a way to stop this behavior get calibre to direct copy the fields between conversions?
Tinkergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
For the same reason that it does not write them into files in the first place. Pretending to be a file that you are not is a horrible hack with the potential for unforseen complications that I am not going to support in calibre.

Any process that has the potential for significantly altering the internals of the file will not preserve the value of the 113 file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
Tinkergnome
Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Tinkergnome can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ok Fair enough thank you for the response.
Tinkergnome is offline   Reply With Quote