Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #31
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Can I add my thanks for this wonderful tool.

One question - will it be developed so that it can deal with footnotes, which seem at present to be deleted entirely.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you do not have ereader2html.py, then you are out of luck. It was posted on PasteBin and is now expired. So if you don't have it, you can't get it on the net.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #33
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
If you find his blog and read the comments then I think they were all reposted at another URL I know the ereader one at least was
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #34
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you do not have ereader2html.py, then you are out of luck. It was posted on PasteBin and is now expired. So if you don't have it, you can't get it on the net.
Oh yes you can. Over at the comments section of the Darkreverser Weblog scroll down to the comment made by:
Simon Says:
March 20, 2008 at 10:34 am

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-10-2008 at 01:05 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Oh yes you can. Over at the comments section of the Darkreverser Weblog scroll down to the comment made by:
Simon Says:
March 20, 2008 at 10:34 am
This is true. But MobiDeDrm 0.02 is gone. I just did a search for it and it doesn't exist. MobiDeDrm 0.01 has been reposted and is easily found. But you also need 0.02 because neither one works in all cases and 0.01 will work were 0.02 doesn't and visa-versa.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #36
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is true. But MobiDeDrm 0.02 is gone. I just did a search for it and it doesn't exist. MobiDeDrm 0.01 has been reposted and is easily found. But you also need 0.02 because neither one works in all cases and 0.01 will work were 0.02 doesn't and visa-versa.
Just google
Code:
"the python scripts for de-drm-ing ereader and mobi are at"
All three can be found within the .zip, somewhere there
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #37
stxopher
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Just google
Code:
"the python scripts for de-drm-ing ereader and mobi are at"
Hmmm, interesting that if you were to Google it, the famous browser asks you if you meant to look for "the python scripts for deworming ereader and mobi are at".

Maybe they secretly hate DRM as much as the rest of us?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:05 AM   #38
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Not being initiated into the mysteries of Python, is there a way a script such as this could be adapted simply to produce a non-protected ereader file which could be converted to Mobi by other means?

I was just wondering if this would overcome my difficulty with footnotes, which appear to be stripped out of the html output.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #39
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argel View Post
Not being initiated into the mysteries of Python, is there a way a script such as this could be adapted simply to produce a non-protected ereader file which could be converted to Mobi by other means?

I was just wondering if this would overcome my difficulty with footnotes, which appear to be stripped out of the html output.
When stripping out DRM, which is what this tool is for, the best method is to do the stripping separate from the conversion to Mobi. Any decent ***-to-Mobi converter will take the results and let you make a Mobi file out of them. I use BookDesigner, but you could just as easily use Mobigen or Mobipocket Creator, or the MobiPerl tools.

What I'd like to see is someone take the MobiDeDRM and eReader2HTML python scripts and turn them into standalone Windows executable files, or maybe combine the two into one exe file.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #40
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
What I'd like to see is someone take the MobiDeDRM and eReader2HTML python scripts and turn them into standalone Windows executable files, or maybe combine the two into one exe file.
They have (mobihuff too), they're out there on the 'darknet'.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #41
daniesq
daniesq began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch
Aaaarrgh! Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? (mobidedrm.py script)

Okay, I'm obviously not that bright. I have been trying to deDRM a book that I bought from Mobipocket (that apparently is only available in digital format- believe me, if it came in "dead tree" format, I would have bought it that way to save myself some pain.) In any case, I've been trying to run Ivan's mobdedrm script and I'm just too stupid to get it to work. When I open the resulting pdb in Isilo, all I see is gibberish.

This is what I'm inputting in ActivePython:

If image doesn't show, here's the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/daniesq/...32481269424162

If image doesn't show, here's the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/daniesq/...32487504410562

There should be images above, or links, but if not, here's the text:
mobidedrm.py('host.prc','newesthost.pdb','PID')

All scripts and books are stored in the same directory (C:\Python25\Tools\scripts). I've tried passing the arguments with and without the single quotes. The script runs and I get a resulting pdb, but like I mentioned, it's gibberish.

I've tried to step though the script but I honestly don't know enough about Python to tell you what I'm seeing. Any and all help is appreciated.

It is a sad day indeed when I have to potentially break the law to read something that I've already purchased. (By the way, the reason I'm trying to strip the DRM is so that I can read this book on my Ipod Touch. Reading on the Blackberry is doable, but I'd really like a bigger screen.)

Thanks for any help you can provide, and God bless you!! in advance.

Warm regards,

Danielle
daniesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #42
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniesq View Post
When I open the resulting pdb in Isilo, all I see is gibberish.
Well, there's your problem. You can't read a Mobipocket book in iSilo, with or without DRM.

(And this thread is for the eReader format, which is not relevant to either program...it is a different program/format entirely.)
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #43
daniesq
daniesq began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch
I'm so embarrassed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Well, there's your problem. You can't read a Mobipocket book in iSilo, with or without DRM.

(And this thread is for the eReader format, which is not relevant to either program...it is a different program/format entirely.)
Well color me stupid. I will try to find the proper thread to post this in, but I have a question that I think is Ereader related - if the book successfully converted to Ereader format, shouldn't it open in Ereader? Every time I try to open it using Ereader, Ereader crashes. (If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.)

Again, many, many thanks - and apologies for posting in the wrong place. :-)

Danielle

Okay, this conversation never happened. (Waves arm in amnesia-inducing Jedi gesture.) The script was working the whole time - I ran the mobi2html script on the now drm-free book and it converted just fine. Please forgive my massive ignorance and carry on - nothin to see here. :-)

Danielle

Last edited by daniesq; 07-19-2008 at 01:20 PM.
daniesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #44
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniesq View Post
Well color me stupid. I will try to find the proper thread to post this in, but I have a question that I think is Ereader related - if the book successfully converted to Ereader format, shouldn't it open in Ereader? Every time I try to open it using Ereader, Ereader crashes. (If I knew what I was doing I'd be dangerous.)
You used mobidedrm.py -- even though you named the file with a .pdb extension, that program doesn't create an ereader file, it strips the DRM from a Mobipocket file -- which is what you bought from Mobipocket.

You can read the book with the Mobipocket reader, or you can use the mobi2html program (from Mobiperl) to turn the newly-unprotected Mobipocket book into HTML, which you can then convert to iSilo (using iSiloX) if you like.

Last edited by bwaldron; 07-19-2008 at 01:29 PM.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #45
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Folks, I'm still a little lost. Where can I get Igor's scripts? I find lots of work he has done, but nothing that applies to ereader2html.

Help! Please!
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote