Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Nook Tablet's Touchscreen

Could someone who's handled both the Nook Color and the Nook Tablet comment on the sensitivity of the touchscreen, especially with regard to the accruacy along the 1cm of the edges...?

Thanks in advance.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Could someone who's handled both the Nook Color and the Nook Tablet comment on the sensitivity of the touchscreen, especially with regard to the accruacy along the 1cm of the edges...?

Thanks in advance.
The tablet is definitively better; the NC is actually terrible when it comes to the corners.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Could you draw straight lines along the edge zones on the NT...? That's something I'm unable to do on the NC.

I know with the nature of capacitive screens straight lines are just not quite possible, at least with a finger or those styli available on the market. Even then drawing a straight line along the edge of the NC resulted a significantly more jiggled line than the one drew in the middle of the screen.

Perhaps you can use an app like Touch Test on the Market (https://market.android.com/details?i...ouchtest&hl=en)

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Could you draw straight lines along the edge zones on the NT...? That's something I'm unable to do on the NC.

I know with the nature of capacitive screens straight lines are just not quite possible, at least with a finger or those styli available on the market. Even then drawing a straight line along the edge of the NC resulted a significantly more jiggled line than the one drew in the middle of the screen.

Perhaps you can use an app like Touch Test on the Market (https://market.android.com/details?i...ouchtest&hl=en)

Thanks.
I tried that app. It works fine along the edges and i can draw fairly straight lines with my finger. But, if you are concerned about the touch interface, I would suggest you go to a store and play with one.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #5
loyukfai
Zealot

A good idea but I'm not in the US... : )

Thanks and cheers.
Advert

Tags
edge, sensitivity, touchscreen