Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
Yes, it's good for the Fire (ES File Explorer). Sorry for the delay - I only just read your message.
This makes me happy!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #47
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
So you remove the DRM on your books?
I do. It is primarily the principle of the thing, but some of the mistakes made by publishers are frustrating enough that I am motivated to work around them.

Quote:
Amazon wins for content (books) for me because there are MANY non-fiction ebooks that Barnes and Noble doesn't carry. They're only available on Amazon. I've yet to see an ebook that's only available as a NOOK book.
I don't run into this problem often, but I certainly don't doubt you. For me, Barnes & Noble's selection and pricing has been comparable, and I buy most of my non-fiction book directly from the publisher, anyway.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #48
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
I do. It is primarily the principle of the thing, but some of the mistakes made by publishers are frustrating enough that I am motivated to work around them.

I don't run into this problem often, but I certainly don't doubt you. For me, Barnes & Noble's selection and pricing has been comparable, and I buy most of my non-fiction book directly from the publisher, anyway.
B/N doesn't have NEARLY the content of AMazon. So while they might have what YOU want, amazon has much, much more -available-.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #49
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
Yes, they should work fine. But, they haven't confirmed that they would all be available!
I find that scenario very unlikely.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #50
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
What about the Kobo app, can it be used on the Fire?
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Just got an update on the Amazon App Store this morning. It now looks like the pics in the Fire. So I believe the KF will use the same app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #52
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just got an update on the Amazon App Store this morning. It now looks like the pics in the Fire. So I believe the KF will use the same app.
Oh, so that was what the update was. I updated, but didn't open the app. Thanks.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #53
swiftness
swiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
Wow, thats quality
swiftness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #54
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Oh, so that was what the update was. I updated, but didn't open the app. Thanks.
Yeah, I just updated it on my Galaxy Tab, and it looks like the Kindle Fire screenshots. It looks more refined now, and I like the overall UI.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #55
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah, I just updated it on my Galaxy Tab, and it looks like the Kindle Fire screenshots. It looks more refined now, and I like the overall UI.
Yes, it's more inviting now.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Cool; now my Nook Color is a pretend Fire
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #57
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Cool; now my Nook Color is a pretend Fire
The Kindle Fire drives a sleigh pulled by reindeer and lides down peoples chimneys and eats thier cookies while leaving accessories for all the other little Kindle devices and everyone is merry singing Kindle Carols.

Can the nook color do that?
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #58
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon announed ESPN Sportcenter and Hulu Plus Apps for the Fire today. So it's apparant Amazon does'nt mind apps that compete with their content, and thats a good thing.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #59
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
Amazon announed ESPN Sportcenter and Hulu Plus Apps for the Fire today. So it's apparant Amazon does'nt mind apps that compete with their content, and thats a good thing.
That's great. I'll finally have a device with Hulu Plus. It's ridiculous the app is for a few select devices in the Android Market.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #60
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
I've had it on my iDevices & love it. Look forward to seeing it on the fire.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote