Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #16
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
  • Windows XP: Right-click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon in the lower right-hand corner of the task bar and follow the on-screen instructions to remove Kindle.
I usually do it from the folder tree in Windows Explorer: right-click on the device, and select Eject.

That seems simpler to me than using the "Safely remove hardware" icon - although you do need to be careful, given that Eject is immediately below Format.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #17
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
That seems simpler to me than using the "Safely remove hardware" icon - although you do need to be careful, given that Eject is immediately below Format.

Mike

For that reason alone, I would never recommend that to anyone. It's so easy to slip the wheel mouse, or move your finger the wrong way & you'd have a major headache to contend with.

The Safely Remove Hardware is 2 or 3 clicks with NO possibility of formating the device. Much better, safer and easier to me. It would take longer to open explorer & get to the device than left click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon a few times.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
For that reason alone, I would never recommend that to anyone. It's so easy to slip the wheel mouse, or move your finger the wrong way & you'd have a major headache to contend with.
Except format doesn't just format without confirmation.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post

The Safely Remove Hardware is 2 or 3 clicks with NO possibility of formating the device. Much better, safer and easier to me. It would take longer to open explorer & get to the device than left click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon a few times.
One issue, however, is that if you want to read while charging in Windows 7, "Safely Remove Hardware" doesn't return the Kindle to its Home page - even after you've done the removal, the Kindle still displays the "USB Connected" page until you physically unplug the cable. Doing "Eject" from Windows Explorer, however, takes you back to the Home page so you can read while continuing to charge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I didn't know that. Thanks Harry. Although I don't read tethered to the computer it's good to know.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert