Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
how to find M92 serial number?

I just got my M92, I think the seller doggy, the box opening is ripped. Evidence that it has been opened before. The serial number on the warranty card does not match the one on the box.

How can I find the serial number on the M92 unit itself? There is no label on the M92 itself and I cannot find it in settings.

Edit: does M92 come with user manual? I don't have one, only quick start guide

Last edited by FinancialWar; 03-13-2012 at 12:39 AM.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #2
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
I just got my M92, I think the seller doggy, the box opening is ripped. Evidence that it has been opened before. The serial number on the warranty card does not match the one on the box.

How can I find the serial number on the M92 unit itself? There is no label on the M92 itself and I cannot find it in settings.

Edit: does M92 come with user manual? I don't have one, only quick start guide
The user manual is somewhere on the net. It is not very comprehensive.
Several people on this forum try to find out the various options and functions.
So the best way is to read through the relevant threads.
ignacio ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
2Steam
2Steam began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Sorry mate, as you call me, the seller, dodgy I need to speak up to clean my reputation.

The opening of the outer box had indeed a tear at the opening of maybe 1 to 2 cm. Calling it ripped makes it sound more than it is. The defect of the outer box is unfortunate but not under my control as this is the status we received it from Onyx International.

There is no printed manual coming with the M92 and we did not offer one at ebay. You can download the manual here: http://www.onyx-boox.com/manuals/ony...m92-manual.pdf

Or you can upgrade to the RC version of firmware 1.7 that you can find here (thanks to Booxtor): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164162

Also sorry about the serial number stress. Again this has not been under our control as we have not touched the warranty card. Please mail me your serial number on the box and the device ID from 'Settings' > 'About' and I will sort it out with Onyx International.

I hope you will nevertheless have a pleasant experience with the Onyx Boox M92. I absolutely love it. And that's why we have decided to import it and sell it in Australia.
2Steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

2Steam: you should not respond to me message on a public forum. Your reputation? I did not even mention your name nor where I bought the device from.

The device you send me also have damaged screen. Permanent dead pixels in the middle of the screen.

please respond to me through eBay and not through a public from.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:23 AM   #5
FinancialWar
Banned

ps. don't blame it on Onyx. I bought the M92 from you, then you should have the responsibility to send me a brand new non damaged unit.

If you received a ripped box, damaged screen, non matching serial number. You should have returned it Onyx international. Not passing it on to end user. This is the responsibly of a retailer.
Advert