Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
odette87
odette
odette87 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DS800SG
Can I delete ebooks on reader from PC? (Irex DR800SG)

Can anyone tell me if I can just connect the DR800 to my Windows PC and delete ebooks from Windows Explorer? I have put ebooks *onto* the Irex this way, but I am a little concerned about corrupting the Irex's indexing, or some other arcane problem when deleting.

No direct mention in Use Manual.

Can anyone help me here?
odette87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I would assume that if the index encounters a file that no longer exists, it will just remove the index entry. I can't say I've tried it yet though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Yes you can, that's how I manage my books on the reader - I've deleted books, deleted folders, made new folders, moved books from one folder to another all without any problems.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
odette87
odette
odette87 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DS800SG
TGS and Shaggy, thanks so much. Looks like deleting books is just like deleting files on any device or drive.
odette87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irex dr-800, manage_content, remove_ebooks