Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-18-2005, 02:03 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Needed: Good Windows Backup Programs

I'm planning to start doing backups of my desktop PC soon. I don't currently do that, and I'm concerned about being so vulnerable to disaster. Anyone have a good (and easy) backup solution for Win XP SP2?

I wonder... how many of you out there even do regular backups, not just of your data directories, but a full system backup that can restore you from scratch?

I think I have found a good freeware program in SyncBack by 2BrightSparks for copying my hard drive with data files (e.g. multimedia and ebook files, etc.) to a separate external hard drive.

But I don't think it does system backups, i.e. my startup hard drive with windows installed is not protected, just data files. If I were to lose that hard drive, I'd have to reconstruct my system from scratch, which would take countless hours.

I'd like a backup solution that allows me to, from scratch, reload my hard drive to restore the system to it's original condition. Freeware is nice, but I'm willing to pay for a solid solution.

Anyone have any good software they currently use, or can recommend?
Thanks!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
One of my favourite blogs has an answer:
MarkTAW: SyncBackSE - The Ultimate Backup Tool.
I'm not sure it can be used to do what you call system backups.
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert