Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
lockheed
lockheed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Exclamation Restrictions with adding notes to books

I am using Kindle 3G Wifi Keyboard, UK version with newest firmware update.

I have been trying to add Notes & Marks to text of a book with short description of what is in it, and I got as far as 15, but apparently every new note above this number is removing the note number one. Is 15 a limit? I need many, many more.

Also, there is no way of sorting them in some logical way, they are displayed unsegregated as a list 4 pages long so it is difficult to find what I am looking for even with such low number as 15.

If this is not possible on Kindle firmware, is Duokan more accommodating in this respect?
lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
All highlights you make on your Kindle are listed here.

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_highlights

I get far more than 15 highlights showing there for each book. Plus, you can add notes at that site to each highlight and they will show on your Kindle after syncing.

Its easier anyway to add notes with a full keyboard there than with the thumb keyboard on the Kindle.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
lockheed
lockheed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
1. It only works for books bought from Amazon, which I do not do.
2. I hardly ever connect my Kindle to the internet.
3. I need all the notes to be displayed in Kindle, not online.
lockheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
I've had far more than 15 notes on a book, including ones I didn't get from Amazon (I've proofread books that way, and had scores of notes).
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontcathy View Post
I've had far more than 15 notes on a book, including ones I didn't get from Amazon (I've proofread books that way, and had scores of notes).
Same here
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert