Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #106
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Well, this will be very cool... but there's no software nor hack that needs multitouch on Kobo for now
Well there is, and it's KOReader :P
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #107
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
? The only thing that I would to be done using multitouch is the font size zooming... for what I know you have a font size setting menu in KOReader as for Kobo reader
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #108
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Currently KOReader input system understands only the multitouch protocol (that is different from the one used by single-touch hardware, even if a single finger is interacting with the hardware). If you're saying that we're capable of doing everything a gesture would do by using a menu, well that's right, but that also holds true for keyboard-based devices vs touch, no one really needed it! :P
Old 06-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #109
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

(italian translation of my previous post): No Giorgio, sto dicendo che mi piacerebbe avere la possibilita' di zoomare il testo con due dita, e se KOReader potesse fare questo. Altrimenti non vedo l'utilita' di attivare il multitouch. Scusa ma il mio inglese fa schifo
Old 06-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #110
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
(italian translation of my previous post): No Giorgio, sto dicendo che mi piacerebbe avere la possibilita' di zoomare il testo con due dita, e se KOReader potesse fare questo. Altrimenti non vedo l'utilita' di attivare il multitouch. Scusa ma il mio inglese fa schifo
secondo me si era capito - ma se ho ben capito il problema e' che koreader solo capisce multi touch, per cui bisogna "imbrogliarlo" per fargli credere che l'input kobo sia multitouch.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #111
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
secondo me si era capito - ma se ho ben capito il problema e' che koreader solo capisce multi touch, per cui bisogna "imbrogliarlo" per fargli credere che l'input kobo sia multitouch.
esatto back to english please!

the thing is, the closer we stay to the original codebase of koreader, the better chance we have to get official support in mainline.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #112
giorgio130
Time Waster

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/113

I've proposed my changes to be included. The changes are related to the screen painting, we still have problems with the input part.

I've got a kernel module which is a modified version of the touchscreen driver that should output multitouch events; it loads without problems but gives no output, probably because it is clashing with the driver that is already present. I need some more work on this.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #113
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/113

I've proposed my changes to be included. The changes are related to the screen painting, we still have problems with the input part.

I've got a kernel module which is a modified version of the touchscreen driver that should output multitouch events; it loads without problems but gives no output, probably because it is clashing with the driver that is already present. I need some more work on this.
well, best of luck!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #114
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Ok now I understand. It seems complicated, best of luck
Old 06-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #115
giorgio130
Time Waster

The first step is done:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...f30d51ed489d1e

Support for painting the screen on kobos is in mainline koreader-base

About the kernel module to support multitouch, I really think what I have should work, but it doesn't. I'm a bit demoralized :P
Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #116
giorgio130
Time Waster

I am beginning to think that we'd need a custom kernel to support multitouch, no luck with a single module. It should be fairly easy but I think it would not be optimal. I don't know if xor_ already has some code to add single touch support to koreader, but I'm going to tackle it in the next days.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #117
giorgio130
Time Waster

Easier than I thought
I've got basic single-touch support. I still don't understand if swipes are correct or inverted. Once I get those sorted out, I'll try to get into mainline everything that is still missing.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #118
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi guys, again thank you for this great pdf-viewer! Now it's nearly the same pleasure to read a pdf as it is reading an ebook.

However, I'm wondering if there still exists an option to scroll within a pdf file, lets say from page 1 to page 500 without having to change the page 500 times in between?

When there is such an option, please would you be so kind to tell me where it is? I simply can't find it...

Keep this great work on!
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #119
giorgio130
Time Waster

It's still missing as a feature. Hopefully someone will implement it sooner or later!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #120
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Hi

What is the "plugin interface" ? I want to try this out but I ado not know how or where to install this plugin interface thing.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Nailed it
Detailed instructions:
- unpack the .zip in the .kobo folder;
- install the plugin interface if you didn't do so already;
- in place of one of the custom commands put:
Code:
KPV=Plugin::executeSystemCmd("/mnt/onboard/.kobo/kindlepdfviewer/kpdf.sh /mnt/onboard")
- reboot the reader;
- Launch KPV from the plugin interface.

I've adjusted it in order to reboot if the power slider is used. The light still has to be already on when KPV is launched.

You'll have to use the last version I just uploaded!
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote