Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I just plain can't connect to Fictionwise at the moment, Jon!
I just had bad timing I guess. I did get in and then tried to login and no go. Now I too cannot get in at all.

BooksOnBoard is fine.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-26-2008 at 09:47 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Phew, I could log onto the FW front page, but not my account - glad to see I'm not alone ......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #33
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
I just plain can't connect to Fictionwise at the moment, Jon!
I can get to the main page; but not into my account.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try clearing your cache and try to get into FW again. It's not responding.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #35
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Indeed, I tried as well and its note responding so It looks like something major's up.

Funny thing is, I thought Fictionwise was using the OD servers as they were allowing you to enter Kindle PID's.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Not all books use the OD server(s). So some you won't be able to download/purchase while the PX server(s) are down. I did get to FW's front page. But it did take a long time to get there. Trying to login this time and just letting it sit and try.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
FictionWise seems to be up again now. Mobi is still down.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
FictionWise seems to be up again now. Mobi is still down.
Yes it is, but I can't download any mobi books. Can you?

I just noticed that my bookself has two ebooks I don't remember buying. _Awakening_ by Judith Berman and _Child, Madian, Women, Crone_ by Terry Bramlett. Hmm? I wonder if I just grabed them some time when they were free and never downloaded them. Did they have some nebula aware giveaway that I forgot all about getting these books?

Anyone read either of these?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes it is, but I can't download any mobi books. Can you?
No. Microsoft Reader books download OK, but Mobi books just timeout when you click the "Download" link. Presumably that's because the Mobi server is down.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #40
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Presumably that's because the Mobi server is down.
Yes... as I figured. I thought they use OD though. Guess not.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No, FW use Mobi's DRM servers. The only Mobi store that uses OD (for some books) is, AFAIK, BoB. FW may perhaps use OD for PDF books - that's not a format I ever buy books in, so I wouldn't know.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #42
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Message from the FW mailing list concerning the Mobi problem:

Quote:
The Fictionwise bookshelf is back up. Mobi is still down with
absolutely no word from them. We'll keep trying but we're getting
auto-email replies to our main contacts over there (the auto-replies
say they are on vacation).
Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #43
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
Quote:
Message from the FW mailing list concerning the Mobi problem:

Harry

How do you get that mailing list info. I am a member of their buywise club. get all kinds of email about specials new books etc... but I did not get this message and there is no specific info on their website that I can find

Elihu
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #44
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Ouch - hope they figure it out soon
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #45
KurtJohnson
KurtJohnson doesn't litterKurtJohnson doesn't litter

Device: Cybook, Sony 505
Thank you for your continued patience.

We appreciate the concern of ebook users in these matters, and we are, of course, disappointed that Mobipocket/Amazon is down this weekend. (We're sure Mobipocket's disappointed as well.) These things happen in technology and we hope the team at Mobi is able to correct their problems quickly.

We are very fortunate to partner with Overdrive (OD) whose efforts to bring free digital reading to everyone across all financial strata through America's public libraries, caused them to build very robust and redundant systems to keep their servers up round the clock. That partnership provides our customers an alternative Mobipocket (OD) source this weekend - and always.

We recognize, too, that our competitors and ourselves will all have problems with technology from time to time. It's the nature of the beast. But rather than fight each other, we and our customers would benefit much more by working together to improve the eBook reading experience, and keep our focus on customer satisfaction.

We at BooksOnBoard are genuinely grateful for Oprah's plug for eBooks and for the persistence by our partners and competitors in continuously improving the eBook experience. The industry has a long way to go, but the progress is encouraging.

Kurt Johnson
BooksOnBoard
KurtJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote