Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
A program for converting HTML pages into EPUB on a server side

I need a program which would be able to convert HTML pages into EPUB file on a server side on the fly. I guess the program I'm looking for is same or similar what these online epub converters use. Can you give me a hint where to start?
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
If you are in a linux environment, epubs can be zipped from the command line or in bash:
zip -X0 "../$folder.epub" "mimetype"
zip -X9r "../$folder.epub" "META-INF"
zip -X9r "../$folder.epub" "OEBPS"

where $folder is a parameter in the bash script. Adjust the paths to your own folder structure. You first have to make the OEBPS folder with the html files (can be fetched from the internet using wget) and content.opf and toc.ncx, which can be created from the command line.

If you want to generate your own .ops and -ncx file you simply use something like this in your script:

"string to write to file" > content.opf

But if you're looking for a finished program to do it for you, I really have no idea. But it's possible to do it all from the command line or a bash script
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
I forgot to mention eCub (see link here). eCub seem to have a command line interface to be run from a terminal or bash script after you have downloaded your html files
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I believe some sites use Calibre in some form...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Something along these lines may or may not be what you are looking for:

http://dotepub.com/
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #6
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think you may mean this Epub creator?
http://www.enolsoft.com/epub-creator-for-mac.html
support HTML input and get epub files.
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #7
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
i really like dotepub mentioned above. http://myebookmaker.com/ is another but i haven't really tried it out. think there's a few more available as chrome extensions
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote