Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you try out the Kobo Vox before buying it?
Yes - I tried it in the store. 10 32.26%
No - I bought it without trying it. 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Did you try the vox before buying it?

I haven't tried it out yet. I called FS, BB, & Chapters.
Chapters has a working display model so I'm going there tomorrow to try it out.
BB & FS only have dummy/prop models on display.
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
They had one in the 'setup' mode when I got there... but that was still enough to show off the screen and the size.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Yes, I tried it the day it was launched and I got back to the store the day after to buy it
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I pre-ordered from Kobo without buying it, but I tried it at Future Store before the Kobo order arrived (and yes, I was one of the people who had one shipped after canceling).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I pre-ordered within an hour or two of seeing the announcement. To me it was pretty much the same as a Kindle Fire (which I, too, would have bought immediately had it been in Canada), and I was already a fan of KoboBooks, so getting a Kobo-branded device was a no-brainer. To date I've been quite pleased with it, although things like periodically non-responsive screen and buttons are a bit annoying.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
frddgls
Connoisseur
frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.frddgls has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kobo Forma, iPad, Samsung Galaxy A20
I pre-ordered but my Vox isn't shipping until the 7th.
frddgls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
I saw it on the Chapters website, where I went looking for a book. Within a couple of hours that day (friday) I bought it. Happy happy joy joy!
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
I tried it in a couple of stores before my preordered Vox arrived but it's much nicer playing with my own!

Pleasant discovery when I was sideloading books from Calibre, using the SD card in the Kobo Touch my DIL has been letting me testdrive, is that her books were available as well! Unfortunately she only had one book that I wanted!
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #9
Graycee
Enthusiast
Graycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle (2014)
I ordered one and haven't got to try it. I am one of the people having to wait for Nov. 7th ship date. I did go to future shop today and they had at least 20 vox's in the display case but they had removed the display model and it was sitting in the locked display case with the ones in the boxes.
Graycee is offline   Reply With Quote