Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
How to stop docs from showing up on carousel

Here's my question. I have a KFHD and prior to that had a K3 keyboard. Over the years I've email many, many (probably thousands) of ebooks/personal docs to my kindle account to be delivered to my Kindle(s). When I got my KFHD, it apparently loaded up (not downloaded) many (but not all) of those personal docs on my carousel.

Now my son has just recently got a Kindle Fire (first gen.) - and the same thing has happened since his kindle is registered on my account. Is there any way to stop all of these archived docs from being stuck onto the carousel of this new KF that's on my account??

(It's more of an annoyance than anything - but it does make the carousel not as useful when it's littered with items that I'm sure my son will never want to open/read!)

thanks for any advice!
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
You can block the Docs menu on his Kindle with Parental Controls. But you might have to press every single one and select "Remove from Carousel". No idea what happens when you send new things though.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
oh geez, that sounds awful - that's not gonna' happen! Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm surprised that they have archived docs just automatically show up on the home screen and not under the docs category only....
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Try blocking them. I want to know what happens Hopefully it removes them?
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote