Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Download a meter, such as BitMeter 2 and place it on all PC's using your internet account. That'll give you an idea on how much you use.

Not sure how to monitor bandwidth usage on mobile devices, since I haven't explored that option yet.
I might give that a try but Charter still need to let us know how much we use. My 3G plan tells me how much I used in a month even though I have the unlimited plan.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #47
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I might give that a try but Charter still need to let us know how much we use. My 3G plan tells me how much I used in a month even though I have the unlimited plan.
Check their website. Comcast has it on theirs in your account info.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Now see that temps me. I have to ask would that include Amazon merchant purchases like used books?
Why didn't my item qualify for Prime shipping?

Quote:
Items that don't qualify for Prime shipping benefits include magazine subscriptions, personalized gift cards, and orders fulfilled by merchants (such as Amazon Marketplace sellers). The address you're shipping your order to may also affect its eligibility. Learn more
Old 11-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #49
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Why didn't my item qualify for Prime shipping?
Well I don't think I will ever get it then. I buy mostly from Merchants.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Check their website. Comcast has it on theirs in your account info.
Charter doesn't have one at all. They make excuses and even if you call them they can't tell you where you at only when you go over they know. The Charter forum is full of those kinds of threads.

I'm not a movie watcher anyway and seeing the Merchant purchases doesn't qualify for Prime I don't see me signing up anytime soon.
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Well I don't think I will ever get it then. I buy mostly from Merchants.
I don't. For the most part, I avoid them; unless it's from a well known and reputable company. I also avoid eBay and PayPal at all costs and will never do business with either.

But then, shipping isn't why I got Prime.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

What do the publishers have to say about this?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #53
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastanley View Post
Brainwashed Amazonites. YOUR PAYING A YEARLY FEE- ITS NOT FREE. Amazon should be sued for this false advertising. And all you Amazonites- dont feed the BS that ...well its free only after the 10th month or after you purchase double what your normally buy from amazon.....the shipping pays for itself ....bla bla bla

Though you are right, it's not free. There's no such thing as a free lunch (tnstaafl)...but if you are taking advantage of the full benefits of the membership then it's just quite possible that they ARE FREE!

I'm looking forward to my free month of membership that come with my Kindle Fire (LESS THAN TWO WEEKS NOW!!!!) and they'll probably have me hooked...after all Amazon IS my friend and I share most of my money with her. (wait is Amazon a her?)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #54
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I am a prime member and currently in Australia. I just borrowed the Courteous Cad out of interest (and burned up one of my borrows) but was curious to see how it worked. It did! Also, on the kindle the price is quite obvious to non prime members.Our internet plan is unlimited at speeds of around 10mbps. A 1 gig movie takes about 30 mins to download but streaming is seamless.

Last edited by Pushka; 11-03-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
...after all Amazon IS my friend and I share most of my money with her. (wait is Amazon a her?)
Amazon is my shepherd; I shall not want. They maketh me to lie down in green circuit boards: they leadeth me beside the still ebooks. They restoreth my cloud: they leadeth me in the paths of 1-click shopping for their profit's sake. Yea, though I surf through the valley of the DRM of death, I will fear no website: for they art with me; thy Kindle and thy Prime they comfort me. They preparest a tablet before me in the presence of mine enemies: they filleth my Fire with apps; my GBs runneth over. Surely streaming and downloading shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of Amazon for ever.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #56
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Though you are right, it's not free. There's no such thing as a free lunch (tnstaafl)...but if you are taking advantage of the full benefits of the membership then it's just quite possible that they ARE FREE!

I'm looking forward to my free month of membership that come with my Kindle Fire (LESS THAN TWO WEEKS NOW!!!!) and they'll probably have me hooked...after all Amazon IS my friend and I share most of my money with her. (wait is Amazon a her?)
Yeah. Nothing is free! Lol. But my prime membership has paid for itself several times over. Having this feature now is just another perk. I love it! & yeah I can't wait for my kindle fire. & kindle touch! Hurry up!!!!!
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #57
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Amazon is my shepherd; I shall not want. They maketh me to lie down in green circuit boards: they leadeth me beside the still ebooks. They restoreth my cloud: they leadeth me in the paths of 1-click shopping for their profit's sake. Yea, though I surf through the valley of the DRM of death, I will fear no website: for they art with me; thy Kindle and thy Prime they comfort me. They preparest a tablet before me in the presence of mine enemies: they filleth my Fire with apps; my GBs runneth over. Surely streaming and downloading shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of Amazon for ever.

Clever! I'm impressed if you wrote it yourself.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #58
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Our internet plan is unlimited at speeds of around 10mbps. A 1 gig movie takes about 30 mins to download but streaming is seamless.
This just burns me. In the U.S., there's so little competition that, for many people, broadband is available from only one provider. And unlimited data is a pipe dream.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #59
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Interesting. I wonder if they will ever unbundle it from prime so that people who are only interested in books can check out books? I'm not a prime member and I don't use movies or music. But I'd be interested in the book feature--just not for 80 bucks a year.

It sounds like a test program too--not all the publishers wanted to opt in, so Amazon actually buys the book and lends the license.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #60
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

I see a future for this thread in the P&R subforum!

Last edited by kennyc; 11-03-2011 at 09:54 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote