Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
fru.murphy
Edge User

Stylus and screen rotation

Good morning;

I have a WACOM Stylus I use as a mouse for my main PC. I've noticed the Stylus that comes with the EDGe is the only one that appears to work with it. Is there a stylus on the market that can take the place of the original.

Is there a way to rotate the eInk screen as you can with the Color Screen?

Thanks for your time.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
done
Edge User

There is actually a forum post about what other styluses/ pens that will work with the eDGe. Here is the link:
http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...-with-the-eDGe

Unfortunately you are unable to rotate the eInk into a landscape view on the device at this time however you are able to rotate it 180 degrees. To rotate the eInk screen 180 you can do so by going into Settings and selecting Sound and Display, the checking the option Screen Orientation.

Last edited by done; 04-06-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
edgereaderforumact
Edge User

Edge Tech Support,

At what point, if any, are you guys planning on integrating some sort of ability to rotate the E-ink side? For my line of work, this is almost a necessity (need the larger native .pdf viewing ability). I ask because I am trying to justify keeping this device versus purchasing an iPad (not that fond of Apple products, but might be the only option unless you guys are able to rotate the E-ink side).

Cheers,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by done View Post
There is actually a forum post about what other styluses/ pens that will work with the eDGe. Here is the link:
http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...-with-the-eDGe

Unfortunately you are unable to rotate the eInk into a landscape view on the device at this time however you are able to rotate it 180 degrees. To rotate the eInk screen 180 you can do so by going into Settings and selecting Sound and Display, the checking the option Screen Orientation.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
devseev
Edge User

E-reader in landscape is definitely a top five feature request

Old 04-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

Ditto. I look at a lot of engineering diagrams that are typically produced in landscape.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #6
ckole
Edge User

The other benefit is using the LCD side as a stand. It is nice to use the e-ink side as a stand and an external keyboard for the LCD. The same should apply to the e-ink side. Tilt it how you like and you are done. Maybe benefit do to the weight of the device.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #7
OracleFromChicago
Edge User

Yes, Eink rotation will be great. As much as I like this device, it's missing three things - Eink rotation, Eink web browser, and Flash support. Well, an external charger and a fully stocked accessory store wouldn't hurt either.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
mduijkers
Edge User

+1 from me for this request to be able to rotate the e-ink view 90 degrees. (landscape)

Old 06-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #9
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Add me to that request (again) my PDF textbooks often are two column, with a lot of graphics, and do not reflow well. I need to be able to read in landscape mode, magnified.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #10
walt526
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Add me to that request (again) my PDF textbooks often are two column, with a lot of graphics, and do not reflow well. I need to be able to read in landscape mode, magnified.
Precisely. Of all the features that I'm hoping to see the eDGe get, viewing eInk at 90degrees is at the top of the list... ahead of even full support for Flash (i.e., Android 2.2).

Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #11
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Then why not allow the rotate function to work only for the reader. Most of the rotate requests have to do with PDF text. EPUB is easy to magnify and reads well in portrait, 2 column PDFs with graphics are close to impossible if magnified to a reasonable viewing level. To use journal in landscape you just need to write with the tablet sideways.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
janvangastel
Edge User

One of the main reasons I bought the edge was reading pdf charts in landscpae mode. Only now I read that this is impossible. It's not an option to read them on the LCD screen, so I will have to live with it, if I read this conversation well.