Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
iRex 800SG Video from CES 2010

Just found this vids from Charbax:

brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Speed looks really nice despite the rather bouncy video. He definitely seemed excited to get his hands on it. I'll be curious to see what Nate has to say about it.

Last edited by Mr. Goodbar; 01-09-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
LOL he did seem very excited. Seems like a nice piece of tech (from just the video at least).
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I wish it would have occurred to him to actually open one of the books.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

you know some people would bitch if they fell into a cesspool and came out with the Hope Diamond. So, it's not freaking perfect, who cares? Ya don't like it go and do the damed thing yourself or put a freaking sock in it...cripes. Sorry I even posted the video...
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
LOL he did seem very excited. Seems like a nice piece of tech (from just the video at least).
hehehehe...yeah, Charbax is sort of a bouncy guy...he really gets into his videos. But it's great the guy travels all over the globe doing this sort of thing. I, for one, appreciate it as he is typically very thorough and FUNNY.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
you know some people would bitch if they fell into a cesspool and came out with the Hope Diamond. So, it's not freaking perfect, who cares? Ya don't like it go and do the damed thing yourself or put a freaking sock in it...cripes. Sorry I even posted the video...
Comment deleted.

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 01-09-2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: deleted original comment
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:16 AM   #8
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Speed looks really nice despite the rather bouncy video. He definitely seemed excited to get his hands on it. I'll be curious to see what Nate has to say about it.
that is one of the things that fell off my list. I don't think I'll be able to get back to the Freescale booth to look at it.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #9
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for posting it. It's hard to hold the camera, focus and use the stylus at the same time. I am posting all my CES videos at http://armdevices.net you can subscribe to http://armdevices.net/feed/
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
If that was directed at me, my apologies. I definitely appreciated the post of the video and charbax's effort to make it.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #11
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbax View Post
Thanks for posting it. It's hard to hold the camera, focus and use the stylus at the same time. I am posting all my CES videos at http://armdevices.net you can subscribe to http://armdevices.net/feed/
I didn't mean anything derogatory about the bouncy video, but in hindsight I can see how that could be taken negatively. My apologies and thanks for posting the video.

Did you spend any additional time playing with it that wasn't on the video? Would be very curious to hear any additional impressions you may have.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #12
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
It looks really neat and responsive compared to my iLiad v2. Shame the annotation still wasn't working, though. And I wish iRex would be a bit more forthcoming with information themselves, as it seems sort of stupid to have to get this information from a somewhat haphazard youtube video.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
edercito
edercito began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 Wifi
Thank you for the video.
Has their been a definitive word on pricing? It was supposed to come with a MSRP of $399, which later changed to $449. If the former, I can't wait to try it at BestBuy when IRex finally releases this reader.
edercito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

I seem to recall that the $449 was for a special edition version and that the basic version was still going to be $399. However, they weren't real clear on what was different between the special edition and the standard. I think it had to do with a deluxe cover and an executive wacom pen. Also, I believe only the special edition was going to be available at first, probably due to limited product in the pipeline during the initial release.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
jboardman
Zealot
jboardman is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, sony PRS900, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
It looks really neat and responsive compared to my iLiad v2. Shame the annotation still wasn't working, though. And I wish iRex would be a bit more forthcoming with information themselves, as it seems sort of stupid to have to get this information from a somewhat haphazard youtube video.
I certainly agree. How long are we to wait for more information on the release?
jboardman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
800sg, irex