Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #166
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
My account was compromised. It said one other person used the same password. Guess I am not very creative.
It said that 27 peaple where using the same password than me.

No mater, the first thing i did was changing the password to a better one.
That password protect no sensitive account anyway.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #167
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
I changed my password when this thread was posted - No notice from Adobe, and I've only used my ID for Digital Editions, but it was definitely time for a new one.

Put my email into LastPass yesterday just to see if my ID was on the list, and yep, turns out it was.

*Then* I received email from Adobe telling me about my compromised password.

Not super impressed with that.
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #168
icycloudy
icycloudy is on a distinguished road

Device: prospective
Adobe Hacked: Customer Info Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Good thing our personal data is so well protected when we buy books instead of downloading them from dangerous, nasty sites that damage our computers and give us electronic cooties.
Yes, it is a good idea as well
icycloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #169
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I remeber getting an email. I think I deleted it. Didn't change my password.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #170
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Had already changed my password when I first got the email from Adobe, but mine was one of the compromised accounts. Thankfully the one thing I've bought from Adobe (Photoshop Elements) wasn't bought directly from them so they don't have any personal details other than my name in their account info.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #171
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I got an e-mail from Evernote today concerning the hack.

The subject line reads (I'm NOT kidding!): Your Adobe password may have been compromised, please don’t reuse it

Thanks for that... Not.

Quote:
There were published reports recently of a security breach at Adobe that may have exposed private information, including Adobe passwords, email addresses and passwords hints of millions of users. The list of compromised Adobe accounts has been uploaded to the web. We compared this list to our user email addresses and found that the email address you used to register for an Evernote account is on the list of exposed Adobe accounts.

Evernote has not been compromised and is not connected to this incident, but if you used the same password for Adobe and Evernote, then you should change your Evernote password now.

Here are some additional tips for keeping your information in Evernote, and other websites, safe:

• Avoid using simple passwords based on dictionary words
• Never use the same password on multiple sites or services
• Never click on ‘reset password’ requests in emails — instead go directly to the service

For additional security, you can set up Two-Step Verification for your Evernote account in Evernote Web Settings. For more information about Two-Step Verification, read our blog post:

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/1...-to-all-users/

If you have any questions or concerns, Evernote Support is here to help.

The Evernote Security Team
I feel like I jut got slapped on the wrist.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #172
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I got an e-mail from Evernote today concerning the hack.

The subject line reads (I'm NOT kidding!): Your Adobe password may have been compromised, please don’t reuse it

Thanks for that... Not.

I feel like I jut got slapped on the wrist.
Ridiculous that companies are comparing our email addresses!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #173
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They did this when the Yahoo e-mail addresses got leaked too. Think both Amazon and IMDB sent me e-mails. They do it because if a hacker can successfully log into your account on THOSE websites, it's going to make it easier to guess how passwords are being encrypted in the databases on their servers. It opens a door to someone trying to get in there anyway.

Better safe than sorry.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #174
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
BTW I've received a hoax Paypal email recently .... and it may or may not be connected .... but it is the same email account.

Yep .... I'm going to start several new email accounts, different providers, and change all my accounts over.

I did that at the end of last year too ... I can see that doing it yearly is how it's going to be from now on (or more than once a year if otherwise compromised of course)
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #175
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just got the adobe email today. Weird that it's so late coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't understand what you see wrong there. They are being proactive. Yea.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #176
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I just got the adobe email today. Weird that it's so late coming.

I don't understand what you see wrong there. They are being proactive. Yea.
I appreciated the email from Evernote because I meant to change my passwords at other sites (at the time of the Adobe breach) and I never got to all of them (and forgot about it, to be honest ). Between yesterday and today I went through my LastPass account and it was amazing the number of sites I'd used the same email and password at, a few of them with my credit card info too
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #177
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
LastPass has always had a Security Checker where it will analyze your vault and will warn you about weak passwords, passwords used multiple times, etc. They've also recently added a security check about all your emails as well. With LastPass, there's no reason to ever use the same password twice.

https://lastpass.com/index.php?secur...&lpnorefresh=1
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote