Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #1411
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
I have a PW2 5.4.3.2 jailbreak-1.14.N with KUAL 2.3. I want to update KUAL and firmware. It would be very helpful to me to answer these questions, please.
Should I delete current KUAL and extentions first to upgrade KUAL?
Can I apply margin hack if I upgrade to the latest firmware? Is it safe to upgrade?
Thanks in advance,
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #1412
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@phoenix512:

* As usual, no need to uninstall anything KUAL-related for an upgrade.
* There are no pre-packaged margin-hacks for the latest batches of PW2 FW.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #1413
phoenix512
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@phoenix512:

* As usual, no need to uninstall anything KUAL-related for an upgrade.
* There are no pre-packaged margin-hacks for the latest batches of PW2 FW.
Thanks, one another thing,
I can't find extension for the latest KOReader to copy to extention folder. How does it work?
Old 05-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #1414
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@phoenix512: KOReader bundles its own KUAL extension. Just install (i.e., unpack) it and that's it.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #1415
phoenix512
Enthusiast

I got it. I just downloaded a wrong package
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #1416
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Ever since I updated to 5.6.1.0.6, even though my jailbreak is there, I cannot for the love of God re-set the screensaver hack for my PW2. Kual is working, and I try to set the screensaver preferences from it, but all I get is the default ugly screensavers. I tried emptying the cache and resetting but to no avail. What am I doing wrong? If you need any other details, please let me know.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #1417
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kindleBunny: Update everything from the snapshots, can't remember if the current releases are 5.6.x ready.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #1418
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@kindleBunny: Update everything from the snapshots, can't remember if the current releases are 5.6.x ready.
If I copy Update_linkss_0.21.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv.bin to my Kindle, the file gets deleted as soon as I unplug and the Update my Kindle link remains grayed out.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #1419
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
If I copy Update_linkss_0.21.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv.bin to my Kindle, the file gets deleted as soon as I unplug and the Update my Kindle link remains grayed out.
For 5.6.x series firmware, you must use MR Package Installer (it is an addition to the KUAL menus).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #1420
kindleBunny
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
For 5.6.x series firmware, you must use MR Package Installer (it is an addition to the KUAL menus).
Silly bunny.Thank you. I think it worked. I set it for the cover mode, but all I get is that the screensaver hack was successfully installed. I remember taking a few minutes before the cover of the book I was reading would be set as screensaver, so I hope it will eventually change
Old 05-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #1421
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kindleBunny: You need to restart the framework or the device in full to switch to/from cover mode.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #1422
kindleBunny
Bunny

Quote:
@kindleBunny: You need to restart the framework or the device in full to switch to/from cover mode.
Finally. Thanks so much for your patience.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:32 PM   #1423
mhnotnot
mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kindle 4, paperwhite 2
Tried 5.6.1 and 5.6.2.1 with pw2 and KUAL 2.5 -> aok

I have recently got kindle paperwhite 2 (pw2) 4gb with fw 5.4.5.1 S/N 9017

1. downgraded to 5.4.3.2
2. JB/MKK/KUAL
3. Installed JB and full list below
4. Upgraded to update_kindle_paperwhite_v2_5.6.1.0.6.bin
5. Was silently updated to 5.6.2.1 (despite backdoorlock but this is another story)
6. I had to reinstall (update) jailbreak at least for 5.6.2.1
7. KUAL survived

S = Survived
P = Partially survived

5.6.1 5.6.2.1
JB P P (kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N-r11979.tar.xz) Reinstall required at least fpr 5.6.2.1
MKK N/A N/A (kindle-mkk-20141129-r11963.tar.xz) should be N/A as part of JB but I installed anyway
KUAL S S (KUAL-v2.5.17-gbb480e3-20150319.tar.xz)

KUAL works great on pw2 with 5.6.1.0.6 and 5.6.2.1. Thanks for it.
mhnotnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #1424
Lightevilaster
Lightevilaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Helper problem

Deleted

Last edited by Lightevilaster; 05-23-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Lightevilaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #1425
lesca
lesca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hello mhnotnot,
Could you please share how do you downgrade the kindle pw2. My firmware version is 5.4.5.1, and now I cannot read epub books. I searched around but found nothing related to downgrade, or it's told it is not possible to downgrade...

Hopefully please share more information to us!
Thanks!
lesca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified