The way i do it is to copy the whole text from wi-
thin the pdf document
into office libre and then save it as a html format
and then import it
into calibre and convert it to mobi or epub .While
doing so i bring the indent down to
0.0 and experiment with "original" ,"left" or "jus-
tified"...

If you look at how i wrote the portion of the text above you will understand what is the end result when i send the converted file to my kindle.
I havent yet discovered how to make every second line of the text run from left to right without breaking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by uxaar; 04-03-2012 at 07:02 AM.
uxaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
This is just one of the many reasons PDF is such a horrid format to use for conversion. The best fix is to avoid PDF and use some other format as a source for the conversion.

If that isn't an option then you might try turning on Heuristic Processing and check the option there for Unwrap Lines. Try several conversions using different values. A search of the Stickies in this section of the forum will lead you to some suggested values. Whether or not you can find a value that works for this file is a matter of trial and terror.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert