Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
rozen
rozen began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Problem Overriding Recipe

Hi,

I have made a small change to a recipe and then saved it to ~/.config/calibre/resources/recipes as described in the manual expecting my recipe to override the corresponding builtin recipe. However, that did not appear to happen. (It is not the recipe in /tmp during the fetch activity.)

I am running 0.7.33 on Ubuntu 10.10 with Python 2.6.6.

I would appreciate any suggestion as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in Advance,
Don
rozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's not how you customize recipes. Click the arrow next to fetch news and select add custom news source
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozen View Post
I would appreciate any suggestion as to what I am doing wrong.
Builtins are stored online and are automatically fetched then used for the recipe. Custom recipes are stored in the database. I must admit, I'm not sure what the local copy of the builtin is used for (but I'm very glad it's there - I search there often). As Kovid said, you need to create a custom recipe to have Calibre use it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The local copy is there so that if the server that distributes builtins fails, you can still use (most) news sources, provided you are running a fairly recent calibre build.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote