Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
FanciFreez
Banned
FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FanciFreez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, KPW2, Nexus 7.2, iPad 4, Nook HD+
To all.. thanks so much for the useful and helpful input so far.. very good info.. I think I may need a new pair of glasses.. LOL
FanciFreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #17
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I have progressive trifocals and have no problem reading on my paperwhite, my computer, or driving a car.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #18
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I'm fortunate that I can read without my glasses. I find it annoying to read for more than a few minutes at a time through the small reading portion of my bifocals. If I weren't able to read without glasses, I would probably get a separate pair of dedicated reading glasses.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #19
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Wide Bifocal part

I tried progressive lenses many years ago, and have been happier with lined bifocals for most of the last 20. With my last frames I got an extra wide reading part, about 32 mm (an inch & a quarter); I think it makes reading a lot easier. I had to ask for it, and I can't remember if it cost any extra.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA140379.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	1,005.5 KB
ID:	113360   Click image for larger version

Name:	PA140378.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	113361  
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I have varifocals and a pair of reading glasses. I wear the varifocals all the time, and can read fine with them but I have to tip my chin up so if the only activity I'm doing is reading - I were reading glasses!
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #21
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

My main problem while reading is with eye fatigue - not the bifocals... I favor "modern" fonts on the ereader (sans serif fonts that are less 'busy' and appear sharper & crisper) - Helvetica, Tahoma, Futura. Bottom line - the ability to increase font size helps the most with tired eyes.
I find eye fatigue more of a problem now, too. I personally prefer serif fonts, but I've found that I can read longer if the font used is sans serif. I've got my Moon+ reader set to use Roboto.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:10 AM   #22
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I use reading glasses. 1.5 for reading on a monitor, 2-3 for reading in bed depending on the lighting. I need 3 if the reader has a built in light and I am using it as I have difficulty focusing no matter what the font size or light setting. On the bus or outside in natural light, 1.5 is usually good enough.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote