Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #33271
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Emailing the bungelow park my sister and I are going to next month asking if you can hook up a dvd or blu-ray player to the tv in our cottage.

Also researching blu-ray players with USB port. I recently ripped my favorite dvd's to an external HDD so I can easily take them with me when I'm away from home and our digital box also has the option to move recordings from the HDD to an external USB storage device.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #33272
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Trip to local Bottle Store to run amuck on their wall of imported ales/stouts/porters ......

Price of selections = heart stopping!

New paper bag for cats to play with = priceless!

[guess I'll have to go back for a new bag next week ....]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #33273
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Ah, but Newcastle Brown is only about $2 a bottle, so no reason for palpitations. And at that price you can buy more and have moar bagz fur kittehs. You could even pick up some chicken wings on the way home!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #33274
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Trip to local Bottle Store to run amuck on their wall of imported ales/stouts/porters ......

Price of selections = heart stopping!

[guess I'll have to go back for a new bag next week ....]
I wish Lexie was playful. Every morning she has half an hour that she acts crazy and plays, but only by herself if you want to join into the fun she stops. After which she goes back to bussiness which is sleeping and ignoring any attempt of playing. Today I went to a friend to feed her cat because she's away for the weekend and spend nearly half an hour playing with him, so much fun!

And of course you have to get a new bag for them next week! We once bought a pack of huge Tie Wraps because Nikita loved to play with them and they were the only ones long enough to limit the chances of having your hand (playfully) mauled by her.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #33275
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Ah, but Newcastle Brown is only about $2 a bottle, so no reason for palpitations. And at that price you can buy more and have moar bagz fur kittehs. You could even pick up some chicken wings on the way home!
Hmmmm.... I did pick up some Tadcaster Brown Ale ...
but NO CHICKEN WINGS!!!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #33276
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
cleaning up a 400 pages doc converted from rtf converted from pdf, and its only vol. 1
oh, the struggle...
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #33277
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Update - the plastic ball with the jingle bell inside somehow (?) rolled into the paper bag - and is currently resisting all attempts to remove it from the bag.
[kittens never run out of energy]

Memo to self: more bags! Of course, that will require me to purchase more ale .....
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #33278
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Note to self: Mr M is not a kitten anymore. He lies around all day and his only joy lately is to be brushed (which he rather bossily asks for and gets at least 10 times a day).

Going out to brush cat!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #33279
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Note to self: Mr M is not a kitten anymore. He lies around all day and his only joy lately is to be brushed (which he rather bossily asks for and gets at least 10 times a day).

Going out to brush cat!
Sounds like Sammy cat - she sleeps & sleeps & sleeps - and screams at me when she wants some lap time!
Old 02-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #33280
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

SS loves sleeping kitties.

I am sitting here checking emails etc, wondering how i am going to drink my tea which bloke is making now.

yesterday I fell off my bike and hit the road with my face.

Result I have hiltler moustache over duck lips and a broken tooth(among other small injuries that look worse than they are). I was able to eat a drink a little last night, but this morning the swelling has increased so I can barely open my mouth.

tea time now and off to enjoy another episode of Montalbano in bed (which is where I think I might spend most of the day)
Old 02-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #33281
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Poor SS! A broken fang? Did you see a doctor for your injuries? Bloke better be taking care of you!
[do you have drinking straws?]

Stella has spent the day pouncing on the paper bag - into which ping pong balls keep mysteriously rolling ....
Old 02-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #33282
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Stella movies of pouncing would be cute.

No doctor no straws.

Taking a break from Montalbano because the cat came home and demanded a brushing which bloke is giving now.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #33283
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Poor SS! A broken fang? Did you see a doctor for your injuries?
Don't you mean a vet?

Get well soon SS
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #33284
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Sneaky!!! This sounds more like somtin I would do!!! As me dear old mother used to say; "This doesn't sound too healthy so don't do it again!" Hope you heal up quickly!

I'm sitting here trying to design a better chest harness for my camera. When tour riding, I'd prefer to have my camera around my neck rather than packed away in a saddle bag. I often see something I'd like to shoot, but just can't be bothered to stop, unpack the camera, take the shot, pack it away again, etc. I've tried different sorts of harnesses, but none of them are comfortable and easy to use when wearing protective clothing. I don't like to have the camera just hanging from the neck strap and bouncing against my chest on rough roads. I need something that will keep the camera tight to my body, yet be quick and easy to deploy for a shot while wearing gloves...

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-19-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #33285
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Sneaky!!! This sounds more like somtin I would do!!! As me dear old mother used to say; "This doesn't sound too healthy so don't do it again!" Hope you heal up quickly!

I'm sitting here trying to design a better chest harness for my camera. When tour riding, I'd prefer to have my camera around my neck rather than packed away in a saddle bag. I often see something I'd like to shoot, but just can't be bothered to stop, unpack the camera, take the shot, pack it away again, etc. I've tried different sorts of harnesses, but none of them are comfortable and easy to use when wearing protective clothing. I don't like to have the camera just hanging from the neck strap and bouncing against my chest on rough roads. I need something that will keep the camera tight to my body, yet be quick and easy to deploy for a shot while wearing gloves...

Stitchawl
you need a reverse camelbak
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?