Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
I was suprised by DXG demand

Was looking for some books in Amazon and came to DXG pages. Since I have bought one, so just curious reading some review and then realized there are still so many reviews every months. I dont know whether they bought long times ago and just came recently to write review or just bought it. So surprise.

I live in Canada. so Cannot really get Onyx, not a lot options. Finger crossed that my DXG will long live. Probably should buy another one as backup
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
I live in Canada. so Cannot really get Onyx
Why can't you buy one online, as I did? I bought mine from http://onyx-boox.com
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I would think that, for the most part, reviews are written very shortly after getting a device and using it.

The Kindle DX-G, while discontinued and no longer supported, is a fine and somewhat inexpensive ebook reader (compared to the competition).

It's PDF capabilities are extremely limited, but then again I don't read very many PDFs.

I use mine when I want to mimic the sense of holding what essentially would be a hardback in my hands (and being presented with one full page), but without the accompanying weight.

For novel reading and the reading of simple PDFs (and when lighting is not an issue), the Kindle DX-G is a very nice ebook reader, in my opinion.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why can't you buy one online, as I did? I bought mine from http://onyx-boox.com
The thing is there is no store where I can try it.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
The thing is there is no store where I can try it.

I assumed you already had one, since you list it as a Device that you own.

If you do not own this, then I would not recommend it as a first-time reader, because of the reasons mentioned above. If those reasons that I mentioned are the ones you are looking for, then I can recommend it.

Remember, it is a discontinued and essentially obsolete model - but a great ebook reader if lighting is not an issue and if you really really really like a large-screen format - as I sometimes do.

ADDED:
If you want a state-of-the-art device (with immature software - at this moment), then the Onyx M96 is satisfying many owners. Not all, but many.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
For novel reading and the reading of simple PDFs (and when lighting is not an issue), the Kindle DX-G is a very nice ebook reader, in my opinion.
I'd love to see a 10 or even 11 inch e-reader that can display two pages side by side. It's the one thing I like that my tablet can do to an EPUB which no other reader can.

I know, having two columns is useless on an e-reader, but it still gives more of that "book" feel.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #7
Smartie
Addict

Quote:
I assumed you already had one, since you list it as a Device that you own.

If you do not own this, then I would not recommend it as a first-time reader, because of the reasons mentioned above. If those reasons that I mentioned are the ones you are looking for, then I can recommend it.

Remember, it is a discontinued and essentially obsolete model - but a great ebook reader if lighting is not an issue and if you really really really like a large-screen format - as I sometimes do.

ADDED:
If you want a state-of-the-art device (with immature software - at this moment), then the Onyx M96 is satisfying many owners. Not all, but many.
Oh I have DXG, I meant I cannot try ONYX

Thanks for your suggestion
Old 07-29-2014, 06:53 AM   #8
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
I still find DX excellent for reading almost any pdf there, especially scanned A4 or A5 books, but only if I use kindlepdfviewer instead of very limited Dx's native pdf reader.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157047

Kindlepdfviewer's annotation capabilities are very limited though, because there is not scribbling option or keyboard input (like with M92) but we can underscore pdf text (if scan is ocred) and quickly jump to any underscored part by using created list.

If some pdfs are slow to render for whatever the reason, we can simply use k2pdfopt to optimize it for DX beforehand.

http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

Last edited by markom; 07-29-2014 at 09:01 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote