Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Multiple similar books series

I was wondering if this is possible or could be made possible.

I have 20 or so series of books. Every first book has some specific metadata, tag which helps to find all these books. Only the first book in the series. I select all and try to use similar books>series but it gives only the series of the book I clicked. Is it possible to find all the series I have chosen? So all books in those 20 series would show up?
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
I was wondering if this is possible or could be made possible.

I have 20 or so series of books. Every first book has some specific metadata, tag which helps to find all these books. Only the first book in the series. I select all and try to use similar books>series but it gives only the series of the book I clicked. Is it possible to find all the series I have chosen? So all books in those 20 series would show up?
'Similar': Books in this Series expects the Series column to contain the SAME series name. Not a Similar series name and Not a hierarchical series name: (Pern.Harper Hall, Pern.Dragonriders)

If you want both, you need a search: series:Pern
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

The series are nothing alike. They have the same tag. But only the first book (I added the info about all series only to the first book and want to apply it to all). I want to modify all series not just the first book, that's why I'm looking for a way to do it.

I mean selecting multiple books which have series 1, series 2, .... series 23 and open all these series (like adding into search series:"=series 1" or series:"=series 2" or series:"=series 23"...), but using similar books function
Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 AM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
AFAIK you simply cant do what you are trying to do using "Similar series"

You have to use something as an intermediate step. One way of doing this would be to use a user category.
Create a new user category in the tag browser.
Do a search for the tag - that gives you the first book in each series.
Select all the series, then using the User Category plugin right-click and add the selected series to your user category.

Now you can click on the user category in the tag browser to see all those books.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
Noughty
Addict

Thanks. That should work fine
Advert