Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #571
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Then I don't have idea why it looks like this on your DX.

Use CBZ output. It work better on DX as it allow to use entire screen.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #572
Stu Pididoit
Stu Pididoit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
"Use CBZ output. It work better on DX as it allow to use entire screen. "

as far as i know dx does not read CBZ. Do you mean use CBZ with a jailbroken dx?
Stu Pididoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #573
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DX support CBZ. Even non jailbroken.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #574
Stu Pididoit
Stu Pididoit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
problem solved cbz format worked, i confused CBZ with CBR. Donation sent.
Stu Pididoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #575
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Thank you.

I think that CBZ will be default format for DX from version 4.3.
This problem need to be examined more closely because MOBI should work too.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-26-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #576
Over9Thou
Over9Thou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi guys, so I inserted a USB and it was labelled (E.....

http://imgur.com/igbObZg

I got a KCC Zip Archive (at around 160ish mb)... a cover and a metadata.opf...... I have calibre which I use to transfer my books... while it loaded and I see an image... I can't seem to open it to inspect further contents of the file...

I guess my question is what is a KCC Zip Archive?

Update: I converted that .cbz that wasn't opening directly in Calibre and now I have a working .epub... going to load it onto my Kobo and see if it sized properly... if not I am all for some suggestions to get a proper size in Kobo Touch.

Last edited by Over9Thou; 07-26-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Over9Thou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #577
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Not really understand your post... KCC create single CBZ file. That file should be uploaded to Kobo. Nothing more. Nothing less. Converting it once more with Calibre will only mess the file.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-26-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #578
Over9Thou
Over9Thou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Not really understand your post... KCC create single CBZ file. That file should be uploaded to Kobo. Nothing more. Nothing less. Converting it once more with Calibre will only mess the file.

I was saying that while I got a single .cbz the file looked different than how I remember it being in the past...

I use Calibre to load my stuff onto my Kobo... for whatever reason it was not allowing me to preview the results... which led me to convert to .epub on Calibre and enable me to view it.

I guess what you are suggesting is to not view the .cbz until after it is on my Kobo...

Update: I did a straight .cbz transfer on my Calibre and it looks pretty awesome. Are we able to make the images larger with this Kindle program? I notice that on the left and right a bit of white is present... Can I change that without enlarging it on the top and bottom? Or did the person who created this program make modifications built into the program itself to size accordingly for each device? The size is only a slight issue because the Kobo doesn't really allow you to stretch the image (at will) as far as I know.

Also I am curious, does keeping it CBZ preserve a large image or would converting it to .epub on Calibre just preserve the same size? It seems like maybe the size is the same when doing a Calibre conversion.

Last edited by Over9Thou; 07-26-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Over9Thou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:22 AM   #579
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

OK. Point by point.

Different look - Few version ago KCC started associate itself with CBZ/CBR/CB7 files. That caused change of icon and allowed to add that files to KCC with simple double click.

CBZ file that can't be opened in Calibre - Upload it somewhere and send me link in PM. I want to check it myself.

EPUB conversion - As you know both Kobo and KCC support EPUB format. But in this case CBZ just work better.

Image size - By default KCC downscale all images to target device screen size. Images smaller than device screen will be not resized. Margins on both sides are expected. This behavior can be overridden by Stretch/Upscale option during conversion.

Stretch will forcefully resize images so they will use entire screen. Upscale will try do it too but without breaking image ratio - better quality.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 AM   #580
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
There issues when using it with the Kobo Aura HD.

1) I convert the CBZ into an epub
2) Then import the epub into Calibre
3) From Calibre I export the epub to my Kobo Aura HD as a kepub book.

When I open the book, all the pages are blank.

From what I can tell the issue is with the CSS it is using.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #581
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well aparently kepub conversion damaged something. KCC ouput should not be converted/edited by any tool before uploading.

Also I would suggest to use CBZ format on Kobo Aura HD. If you already have CBZ files you can convert them CBZ -> e-ink optimized CBZ with KCC.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #582
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Version 4.2.1 is out!
  • Improved margin color detection
  • Fixed random crashes of MOBI processing step
  • Fixed resizing problems in high quality mode
  • Fixed some MCD support bugs
  • Default output format for Kindle DX is now CBZ
Old 08-31-2014, 01:49 PM   #583
hola!claude
Enthusiast
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
Beware!
The windows version contains a Trojan:

TR/Dropper.Gen7

It was detected with Avira free,
I hope it is a false alarm!

Last edited by hola!claude; 08-31-2014 at 01:54 PM.
hola!claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #584
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

32bit release can be marked as false positive.
Use real AV software.

Obviously the above statement is valid only if you downloaded KCC from home page.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:09 PM   #585
hola!claude
Enthusiast
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
32bit release can be marked as false positive.
Use real AV software.

Obviously the above statement is valid only if you downloaded KCC from home page.
Yep probably a false positive by Avira,
I rescanned it with malwarebytes and it does not show any virus

I'm enjoying it a lot! Thanks for the great work!

Last edited by hola!claude; 09-02-2014 at 06:32 AM.
hola!claude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools