Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #376
desilva
desilva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yes, all you needed was the right name to get into the hat for the prize draw. We have had fun reading the entries. Some were longer than one of the story episodes!
Have the winners been notified or can I still hold out hope?
desilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #377
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Over 50%? Ugh, I don't like those odds.
Actually, the odds are quite good, considering the number of prizes and correct entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilva View Post
Have the winners been notified or can I still hold out hope?
Not yet.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #378
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Not yet.
Oh, goody! Earlier this morning, I told my husband that I did choose the correct murderer. He came in not long ago and asked if I'd won a prize. I told him that I hadn't been notified, so probably not. Now I can tell him there's still hope...he wants my Kindle Keyboard.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #379
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
Could you enlighten the rest of us? I suppose it isn't a film trick - after all there is an audience watching in real time
It's simply really: the part his head rests on, while appearing solid, is actually two flexible parts. So when the blade comes down, the "victim's" neck quickly slides through the seam.

Last edited by Dylrob; 01-08-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #380
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If I'm caught & consumed -- there won't be a sequel!
I didn't think about that.

Psst, do you need a place to hide?
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #381
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
I didn't think about that.

Psst, do you need a place to hide?
Probably - as long as it's not an oven, rotisserie, BBQ, or large frying pan.

And definitely NOT a microwave.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #382
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Yay I figured out the right murderer. Fingers crossed for a prize.

Good luck to everyone who entered.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #383
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
well I'm off to bed without finding out who's won. see you all tomorrow. hmmm, is that roast chicken I smell...?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #384
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it getting hot in here? Or is it me?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #385
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Actually, the odds are quite good, considering the number of prizes and correct entries.
Ah. Well here's hoping then.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #386
Pat M
Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pat M ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo wifi
Talking

Yay! I guessed right! I mean Zee Little Gray Cellz Did Not Fail!

Visions of ereading devices dance in my head, each holding a nice roast chicken

for the Christmas Cheer
Pat M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #387
RoseWolf95
RoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS-650 (J)
I only submitted the murderer and my name. I wasn't sure if all my theorising would be appropriate for the submission
But I got it right, pretty excited And I don't think there was much I could say that hadn't been said.
This was very interesting, and I'd never entered a competition like this.

About when can we expect winners to be notified, the suspense is killing me!
RoseWolf95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #388
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Smile

Yippee! This is the first time I figured out the murderer - I guessed in previous contests.

Hoping I win, but happy either way.
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #389
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Before going outside pdurrant emptied his glass which had just been refilled. His glass is empty, he wants more and then he empties it again.
At that time, I was sure he was drinking the green beverage. I don't know if that will help you make more sense of that.
I mixed up names here. It was pilotbob. Here's the exercept from the 1st chapter:
Spoiler:
pdurrant uncorked the bottle and poured the green contents into the punch bowl, which almost erupted before calming back down. He continued to stir vigorously, as he added more "secret spices" to his brew.

"Hey, pdurrant -- let me taste the punch now" asked pilotbob, waving his empty cup. "It looks like it's packing quite a punch now! Get it? Punch ... packing a punch?"

A muted groan ran around the room at pilotbob's latest, and worst, attempt at holiday humor.

"Sorry, no one can have any more punch now - it has to simmer a while -- I'm using my own family recipe for mulled wine." explained pdurrant.

"And it even contains its own heat source" observed Dr. Drib, using his pipe to point out the tiny green flames dancing on the bubbling surface of pdurrant's witches brew.

"Don't forget pooh -- you're in charge of popping the corn to string on the tree." said dreams.

"Putting a chicken in charge of the corn" sniggered pilotbob, emptying his cup and heading towards the window. "I'll just open this window a bit to clear out Dr. Drib's smoke - it's so thick that someone could get murdered in this room and no one would notice."
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #390
poohbear_nc
Now what?

The drawing for prizes will occur in the next couple of days. Winners will be notified by PM. When all prizes have been awarded (and accepted) we will publicly announce the list of lucky members. This can take a couple of days for everyone to respond.

So be patient - if you submitted a correct guess, check your Private Messages daily to see if you are a winner (Click on Your Notifications in the upper left screen).

Good luck to all those who guessed moi!

Tags
win a kobo glo, win a pocketbook touch, win an amazon paperwhite, win an onyx boox, win waterfield kindlecase